- Brussels, Belgium; Segovia, Spain; Toledo, Spain; Barcelona, Spain; Paris, France; Rome, Italy; Lisbon, Portugal; Madrid, Spain; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Amsterdam, Netherlands; Florence, Italy; Pisa, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Voyager Europe is the expert in summer multi-country study abroad programs in Europe! Only Voyager Europe participants have a home-away-from-home in Europe, travel by plane or high-speed train and stay in highly-rated, city-center, hotels. Our participants are immersed in the art, history and culture of 6 countries and 12 cities including Madrid, Lisbon, Pisa, Florence, Venice, Rome, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and Barcelona.
For the entire 30 days, participants have their own room in a modern, air-conditioned, residence with private bath and kitchenette in an upscale university neighborhood in Madrid. They have unlimited access to the on-premises fitness center, outdoor pool and laundry and are served their choice of breakfast and lunch or dinner daily in the onsite restaurant. This home-away-from-home concept is distinctive to our program. Since our participants do not check out when we travel, they do not need to travel from country to country with all their belongings. They can safely leave their personal possessions behind in their own room during the four multi-day trips from Madrid.
We are the only traveling program that uses planes or high-speed trains to reduce travel time and when we travel our participants stay in highly-rated, city-center, hotels to ensure that they are comfortable and safe.
Our classes are taught with a unique experiential learning design that incorporates class-enhancing professional and cultural activities. Participants take classes are at Endicott International - College of International Studies in Madrid, a pleasant walk from the residence. Students can earn up to six credits transferrable to their home university. Professors and staff travel with students and participate in program activities - including a Spanish cooking class, tapas tasting, wine tasting, flamenco show and more!
New Europe (POL/IST 215)- An overview of the historical development of the European political and cultural identity from 1947 to present. Activities include seminars at Bolsa de Madrid (Stock Exchange); Office of Economic Cooperation and Development (Paris) and European Commission (Brussels).
Art in Society (ART 102) - Examines the production of art from the 14th through the 20th centuries. Activities include study at the Prado (Madrid); the Reina Sofía (Madrid); the Louvre (Paris); the Musée D'Orsay (Paris); the Uffizi Gallery (Florence) and La Accademia (Florence) and Rijksmuseum (Amsterdam).
International Business (BUS 303) - Introduces the student to the impact of culture and political economy on business decision making. Activities include seminars at El Corte Ingles (Retail) (Madrid); Bolsa de Madrid (Stock Exchange) (Madrid); Fabrica Santana (Tile) (Lisbon); Office of Economic Cooperation and Development (Paris); Fragonard (Perfume) (Paris) and Freixenet (Cava) (Barcelona).
Intercultural Communication (IST 315) - An exploration of the interdisciplinary field of intercultural communication. Emphasis is on increasing communicative competencies in cross-cultural settings. Activities include city walking tours in Madrid, Lisbon, Florence, Toledo, Segovia & Barcelona; a Seine River Cruise Tour (Paris); Spanish Cooking Class (Barcelona); tapas tasting (Madrid) and Flamenco Show (Madrid).
Global Marketing Management (BUS 350) – Focuses on the unique problems associated with managing marketing operations across national borders. Activities include seminars at El Corte Ingles (Retail) (Madrid); Bolsa de Madrid (Stock Exchange) (Madrid); Fabrica Santana (Tile) (Lisbon); Office of Economic Cooperation and Development (Paris); Fragonard (Perfume) (Paris) and Freixenet (Cava) (Barcelona).
Spanish for the Professions (SP 225) - Focuses on the specific language needs of students according to their areas of study. Spanish for the Professions is a compact Spanish language course that will focus on the key points of communication. Specific course-related assignments in Madrid, Toledo, Seville and Barcelona are included with this class plus all activities included with the Culture of Spain Class.
Culture of Spain (SP 205) - Students are introduced to the general historical and social background upon which the complex reality of present day Spain is built, Activities include city walking tours in Madrid, Segovia, Toledo and Barcelona; El Corte Ingles (Retail) (Madrid); Reina Sofia (Madrid); Bolsa de Madrid (stock exchange) (Madrid); Prado Museum (Madrid); Royal Palace (Madrid); tapas tasting (Madrid); Flamenco Show (Madrid); Sephardic Museum (Toledo); Cathedral (Toledo); Magic Fountain at Montjuic (Barcelona); Sagrada Familia (Barcelona); Freixenet (cava) (Barcelona) and paella cooking class (Barcelona).
- Setting Description:
- Voyager Europe provides an unrivaled immersion experience that includes class- and city-specific activities in some of Europe's most important cities including Madrid, Lisbon, Pisa, Florence, Venice, Rome, Toledo, Segovia, Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam and Barcelona. Participants stay in highly-rated, city-center, hotels and travel between cities by planes or high speed trains. Participants have a home-away-from-home in Madrid - a private room in a modern residence for the entire program. This is a unique feature to Voyager Europe and our participants can safely leave belongings behind when we travel to the other cities. We take for multi-day trips from Madrid during the program. Participants take classes at our sponsor college in Madrid - a pleasant walk from the residence. We provide more and better meals! Activities include a Spanish Cooking Class, Tapas Tasting, Wine Tasting , Flamenco Show and much more. Voyager Europe is a summer like no other!
- Voyager Europe is the expert in summer, multi-country, study abroad in Europe! We offer much more than any other multi-country program and cost thousands less. Our tuition and fees with two classes (6 credits) is $9,990 and with one class (3 credits) is $9,490. Even better, we are offering an Early-Bird through December 15, 2017 and all applicants before that date accepted into our program will receive $1,000 off. Internships and other incentives are available.
Additional Program Information
- Students must be 18 years old by the start of the program on June 28, 2018.
- Scholarships Description:
- contact program
Based on 6 Reviews
- Voyager Europe10/06/16Voyager Europe was a great experience! We traveled to very cool and interesting places with a great group of people. I met amazing people whom I will never forget and had an experience of a life time.Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Study Abroad that you would be thankful for.. ;)10/03/16
Spending my summer with Voyager Europe is one of the best decisions I did in my life so far! That’s why I did it twice! It was a month full of memorable fun experiences. They have amazing staff that is more than willing to help the students!! We definitely
made the BEST OUT OF EVERYTHING that we could possible think (or more) in the span of one month. I guarantee after a month ... your wanderlust will be satisfied and ...... at the same time it would make you want to travel more..! I know it doesn't make sense right now.. but trust me you'll understand what I mean after trying it out.! So GET READy, PACK YOUR BAGS and .. LIVE the DREAM with VOYAGER EUROPE!!!!! #YOLOread moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- there's nothing like this!09/14/16
Amazing program with an amazing staff! The trip allowed me to make new friends and exposed me to a world of different cultures. It was a month filled with new experiences, fun and laughter. This program goes above all your expectations and I would recommend
it to everyone who is ready to explore and gain new information about other cultures. Do yourself favor and get on board for a summer like no other!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
Voyager Europe is a chance that everyone should take if given this opportunity. It is an amazing experience and if you believe you have knowledge now, just wait till after these 30 days. You meet great people and build relationships with people you will
hold forever. So much to see in the world with so little time to see it all and Voyager makes it possible to scratch off so many of those things you want to see, and learn. Its a once in a lifetime!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Experience of a lifetime!!!!09/13/16
Voyager Europe was the best experience and I highly recommend it to anyone thinking about studying abroad, this program is unlike any other and it fit all my needs we traveled to 5 countries and transportation was included. The professor and staff stressed
that this was our program so they were super accommodating. This trip exceeded my expectations and can guarantee it will be the best summer of your life!!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend
- Voyager Europe 201609/13/16
If you are energetic, interested in experiencing new cultures, and simply longing for a study abroad program of a lifetime, sign up for Voyager Europe. There is no stopping. You WILL visit the most beautiful cities in the world and do things at this age
that you may never do again! I will undoubtedly never be able to repeat the experience I had with such an incredible group and I am forever grateful for this opportunity I had to do so. Everything was worth it. It is truly a summer like no other!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend