The Up with People experiential and workshop-based curriculum includes Leadership Development, Cross-Cultural Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Problem Solving, Service-Learning, Global Issues and Performing Arts. Fully transferable academic cr
- Berlin, Germany; Mexico City, Mexico; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- A 22-week global education program where students travel to nearly 20 cities across at least two continents with an international group of 80-100 participants. An unparalleled global experience through international travel, community service, cultural immersion and the performing arts. Participants are all high school graduates ages 17 - 29. The perfect Gap Year opportunity, semester away during college or post-graduate resume builder!
The Up with People experiential and workshop-based curriculum includes Leadership Development, Cross-Cultural Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Problem Solving, Service-Learning, Global Issues and Performing Arts. Fully transferable academic credit is available through partnership with Florida Southern College. Take 3 courses for 12 credits in Communications, Business/Leadership and Sociology. Academic program is optional and available to applicants who meet the enrollment requirements.
Up with People is a global non-profit organization whose mission is to bridge cultural barriers and create global understanding through service and music. Founded in 1965, our global network of alumni surpasses 21,000 from 70+ countries. Up with People is a perfect compliment to traditional education enhancing the skills necessary for any education or career path today: global perspective, communication, team development, leadership, creativity and flexibility, and an affinity for social responsibility.
- Setting Description:
- UWP international tours begin in January and July of each year and will travel to at least two regions of the world, such as the USA, Mexico, Canada, Europe and Asia. Participants will visit over 20 different communities with a variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds; seeking to make a positive impact through community involvement, host family stays, and musical performance.
- The program fee for January 2013 is $16,950 USD for one semester or $24,950 USD for two semesters/year option, when the deposit is paid in advance. The program fee effective July 2013 is $17,450 USD for one semester or $26,450 USD for two semesters/year option, when the deposit is paid in advance. Small increases in the program fee can be expected annually. Fee includes housing, meals, excursions, enrollment processing, and all in-program travel (excludes travel costs from home state/country to
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program