Travel. Perform. Impact. UWP is a multi-country semester abroad across at least 2 continents and to 20+ communities. A one-of-a-kind global experience combining international travel, service-learning, performing arts, cultural immersion, leadership and mo
- Berlin, Germany; Washington, United States; Mexico City, Mexico; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Unique multi-country semester abroad program that combines volunteer service opportunities, cultural immersion, a robust experiential learning program, performing arts experience and a multi-cultural student environment. Semester and year programs available starting January & July each year. Excellent English-immersion opportunity for international students. Opportunities to enhance your experience through enrollment in our Academic Program to earn college credit and through participation in 6 – 8 week internships. Join our network of 20,000+ alumni all around the world.
Travel. Perform. Impact. UWP is a multi-country semester abroad across at least 2 continents and to 20+ communities. A one-of-a-kind global experience combining international travel, service-learning, performing arts, cultural immersion, leadership and more! Qualified students can also opt-in to our Academic Program to earn 12 college credit hours through courses delivered by our partner, Florida Southern College. The perfect Volunteer Abroad - Semester Abroad - Gap Year opportunity. All applicants 17 - 29 welcome. Scholarships are available.
Up with People is a global non-profit organization whose mission is to bridge cultural barriers and create global understanding through service and music. Founded in 1965, our global network of alumni surpasses 21,000 from 70+ countries. Up with People is a perfect compliment to traditional education enhancing the skills necessary for any education or career path today: global perspective, communication, team development, leadership, creativity and flexibility, and an affinity for social responsibility.
- Setting Description:
- UWP international tours begin in January and July of each year and will travel to at least two regions of the world, such as the USA, Mexico, Canada, Europe and Asia. Participants will visit over 20 different communities with a variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds; seeking to make a positive impact through community involvement, host family stays, and musical performance.
- The program fee for January 2013 is $16,950 USD for one semester or $24,950 USD for two semesters/year option, when the deposit is paid in advance. The program fee effective July 2013 is $17,450 USD for one semester or $26,450 USD for two semesters/year option, when the deposit is paid in advance. Small increases in the program fee can be expected annually. Fee includes housing, meals, excursions, enrollment processing, and all in-program travel (excludes travel costs from home state/country to
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program