- Maastricht, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
*Due to the global health status worldwide, USAC is making programmatic changes to Summer & Fall 2020 and yearlong 2020/21 programs, and some options might not be available. These changes are posted on individual program pages on the USAC website.*
The Maastricht program is ideal for students interested in earning credit toward their degree while engaging in hands-on, student-led learning in an international setting. Regardless of the term you choose, your coursework will be supplemented with experiences such as field trips, museum visits, and seminars on locations. Since the majority of Dutch citizens are fluent in English (and extremely welcoming!), connecting with locals couldn’t be easier.
One of the oldest cities in the Netherlands, Maastricht boasts picturesque architecture, medieval city walls, cobblestone alleys and streets, seventeenth-century facades, and a Roman bridge. Maastricht is conveniently located in the heart of Europe, with major capitals such as Paris, Brussels, Amsterdam, and London only a short train ride away. However, once you arrive in Maastricht, you may not want to leave—with a historic city centre; countless numbers of inviting sidewalk cafés, pubs, and restaurants; sports facilities; shops; and numerous film, music, and theatre venues, Maastricht has everything a student could wish for!
- Setting Description:
- Founded in 1976, Maastricht University (MU) was recently ranked the 6th best 'young' university in the world (2015 Times Higher Education Top 100 under 50). This marks the 3rd time MU has been ranked in the top 10 of all universities under 50 years old. It is also ranked the 17th most international university in the world, with 44% of its students and 30% of its teaching staff coming from outside The Netherlands, making it an ideal location to enroll in courses with a European or international focus. Maastricht University has a decentralized, urban campus that is integrated into the city itself. Courses are held in a variety of historical buildings in the oldest part of the city. You will walk, bike, or take public transportation to travel between your housing and classes, allowing you to engage and familiarize yourself with your host city. The Maastricht University Center for European Studies incorporates hands-on experiences into its course offerings, facilitating even more travel
- Housing is included in Program Fees
Additional Program Information
- Must be 18-years or older. Must have completed one full-time college semester. Minimum 30. GPA required. Minimum Junior class standing required (strong sophomore applications will be considered).
- Scholarships Description:
- Learn more about USAC scholarships and discounts at https://usac.edu/money-matters
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program