- Reggio Nell'Emilia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
*Due to the global health status worldwide, USAC is making programmatic changes to Summer & Fall 2020 and yearlong 2020/21 programs, and some options might not be available. These changes are posted on individual program pages on the USAC website.*
The Reggio Emilia program is ideal for students interested in studying Italian language, education, communications, and health issues in a charming midsize city in north-central Italy. With fewer than 200,000 inhabitants, and an award-winning university, Reggio Emilia is a perfect location for students looking to immerse themselves in Italian culture away from crowded tourist destinations. This city of Roman origin, where the Italian tricolor flag was born, is rich in history, culture, and tradition.
You can take courses in Italian language, health, education, and communications. Through a variety of field trips you will have firsthand exposure to the history, food, culture, and beautiful natural surroundings of the city of Reggio Emilia and the Region of Emilia-Romagna. In addition to various high-quality courses taught by local and international professors, the program includes field trips and local visits in the city and neighboring towns, countryside, and nearby sites of unique interest.
Program fees include campus-wide wifi, 24-hour staff support, tuition and fees, organized field trips, and parental support and advisement.
- Setting Description:
- The Region of Emilia Romagna lies between the river Po, the longest in Italy, to the north, and the Apennine mountains to the south. It is considered one of the most fertile regions in Italy for its relatively mild climate influenced by the air from the Adriatic coast. You can experience four distinct seasons in this area, from snowy cold winters to lovely warm summers. Those who love to ski and hike will find the mountains very close by; while those who love the sun and sea will enjoy the longest beach in Europe on the Romagna coast in towns like Rimini, Riccione, and Cattolica, known as the Romagna Riviera. Wellness spas and thermal baths are also found in this region.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Learn more about USAC scholarships and discounts at https://usac.edu/money-matters
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program