- Reno, United States
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Business, Engineering, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Gain valuable career experience working remotely for an internationally-based company through a virtual internship with businesses and organizations that are based at our Specialty Program locations around the world.
Three-credit virtual internships are arranged by USAC Specialty Program directors with local companies, NGOs, and governmental organizations. Virtual internships include an online course component where students learn how culture is reflected in the workplace and develop skills necessary for success in the global workforce.
During this 3-credit internship, you can conduct work in a number of popular career fields including:
- Digital marketing and social media management
- Event planning
- Social welfare/social services
- English language instruction
USAC offers virtual internships related to your preferred career field, but cannot guarantee placement with a particular internship provider.
How Virtual Internships work:
Although the placement site will be a world away, you will be in regular contact with the Resident Director and your placement supervisor who will introduce you to your internship organization, its mission, and most importantly, the work they do.
- Interns will complete a minimum of 120 work hours remotely during U.S. working hours. This format allows students to gain professional work experience, learn more about a future career field, and develop an appreciation for the workplace culture of their placement country.
- Internships include a 15-hour seminar that will help students make sense of their internship experience and navigate the cross-cultural landscape of the workplace.
- Setting Description:
- Virtual internships will be completed remotely via online platforms. Visit the USAC website to learn more.
Additional Program Information
- We welcome students who: * Are at least 18 years old at the time of application and who are enrolled in a university degree-seeking program * Have a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale * Will have sophomore standing or higher at the time of the internship * A personal interview is required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Learn more about USAC scholarships and discounts at https://usac.edu/money-matters
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program