- Alicante, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- The Alicante program is ideal for students who wish to experience all that a beautiful Spanish city on the Mediterranean has to offer. Alicante is a modern, welcoming city bathed by the Mediterranean Sea which offers all the advantages of being located in such a setting. The magnificent sandy beaches and blue waters of the coast, sunny weather, rich history, and lovely monuments make Alicante a top destination in Spain. People in Alicante live most of their life outdoors as part of the Mediterranean lifestyle busy cafs, vibrant nightlife, street markets, and local festivals are abundant. The campus is also one of the most beautiful in Spain, with lovely gardens, fountains, palm trees, and modern architecture. All of these factors create a great learning and social atmosphere for USAC students.
This program offers two diverse academic areas: Intensive Language and Spanish and European Studies. You will have the opportunity to study the Spanish language and the complexities of Spanish and contemporary European societies through a wide selection of academic courses, as well as through personal interaction with the host culture. You may stay for one semester or a full year. Our intensive approach also allows you to complete up to two years of university foreign language coursework in only one semester to help meet Spanish minor or major requirements.
Program fees include tuition, orientation, field trips, entry to some museums and cultural events, and health insurance.
- Setting Description:
- Nestled on the southeastern coast of Spain, Alicante overlooks the beautiful Mediterranean Sea. With its sunny climate, beautiful beaches, tall mountains, and rich culture and nightlife, it has become on of the most popular destinations in Spain. The area enjoys hot summers and the sunniest winters in all of Europe. Boasting an average year-round high of 72°F and a low temperature of 56°F with over 3,000 hours of sunshine annually, Alicante's sandy beaches can be enjoyed most of the year. Alicante's broad, four-mile-long beach of San Juan is considered one of the finest in all of Spain due to its size, services, and upkeep. Sunbathing, swimming, windsurfing, sailing, snorkeling, scuba diving, and more are available, and the centrally located beach and shoreline area provides a real sense of community, with people of all ages strolling along the esplanade and walkways, and playing on the beach.
- Semester (fall or spring): USD $7,780; Year: USD $14,980 (with $580 yearlong discount)
Based on 1 Reviews
- Life with USAC in Alicante08/11/16
Alicante is such a great city. It has everything a student needs to flourish and grow: great bars, cafes, tapas bars, the Mediterranean Sea, hundreds of international students, cheap living situations, and the Spanish language. It is a great city if you
want a smaller city and a great place to practice your Spanish. USAC does a wonderful job of providing resources for the students to make them feel comfortable. In addition, they have a lot of connections within the community if students want to work or volunteer somewhere. The professors are very experienced and provide excellent support to learn the language. Looking back, I would definitely study abroad in Alicante. However, instead of going for a semester, I would want to go for a year. Everyone thinking about extending their time abroad should do it. How often do you get to attend a university? How often do you get to live abroad? How often to you get to do BOTH and be able to live abroad and attend a foreign university with other international students.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend