The Master of Professional Accountancy is an AACSB-accredited, full-time one-year program on campus.
- Whitewater, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- You may enroll in MPA classes on the UW-Whitewater campus. The MPA program expands your knowledge of the accounting field, and at the same time, it satisfies the 150-credit-hour requirement of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), allowing graduates to sit for the Uniform CPA Examination. The MPA degree is offered entirely on the campus of the University of Wisconsin – Whitewater and is available to full time students. The program requires a minimum of 30 credits plus the satisfactory completion of an MPA exam that you will take in your final term of enrollment. Students will need some time flexibility as courses are offered both during daytime and evening hours. Coursework will prepare you for understanding topics such as auditing, law, and ethics. You will be able to analyze financial statements, accounting systems, cost controls, and taxation. If the UW-Whitewater MPA program is for you, you can explore: Quality Programs You will receive the highest caliber of education at UW-Whitewater. The College of Business and Economics has been accredited by The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB) since the 1970s. Only 5% of business schools internationally have earned AACSB accreditation, making you one of an elite group upon graduation. You will enjoy learning in the new $41 million Timothy J. Hyland Hall. This incredible new building offers students features such as: Cutting edge technology in every classroom A financial investment center featuring Bloomberg terminals with the latest financial databases and analytical tools Professional settings emulating a corporate environment Multiple student project rooms Comfortable study areas with wireless technology, including a convenient in-house café The Whitewater Community Our campus, with over 11,000 students, is situated on 400 acres in the heart of the city of Whitewater (pop. 14,500). Whitewater is located within 45 minutes of Madison and Milwaukee while still offering the ambiance of a small town. The city provides a diverse selection of stores, businesses, and restaurants to students and visitors. There are also opportunities for biking, cross country skiing, hiking, and fishing in Whitewater and the nearby Kettle Moraine State Forest, along with activities at the Whitewater Aquatic Center and Rotary Skate Park.
Additional Program Information
- The UW-Whitewater College of Business & Economics is accredited by AACSB International. Only 5% of business schools world-wide carry this prestigious accreditation.
- Financial Aid:
- To be admitted in good standing, we use a formula-based approach. The standard is: (200 X cumulative undergraduate grade point average) + GMAT or comparable GRE score >= 1000
- International Requirements:
- International students will need to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program