The Master of Arts in Policy Studies program is a community of people who believe policy can make a difference.
- Bothell, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Environmental Science
- Program Description:
- The Master of Arts in Policy Studies program is a community of people who believe policy can make a difference. As a policy studies student, you will learn to apply social science theories to real-world concerns. You will use research to define and measure policy problems and to develop, evaluate, and implement solutions. You will become a policy actor, equipped for professional policy work in public, private, and non-profit sectors, and will know how to pursue your craft with integrity. The program is comprised of students, scholars, and policy professionals who collaborate in policy arenas such as environment & energy, labor, education, technology, human rights, local and state government, and technology. Faculty and student research contributes to the academic body of knowledge, promotes public education, and engages in the major contemporary policy debates. If this is the academic environment and career path you have in mind, please explore what we have to offer. We'd love to have you join us!
Additional Program Information
- Since 1918, the University of Washington has been a charter member of the regional accrediting agency initially named the Northwest Association of Secondary & Higher Schools and currently named the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). The University of Washington's last full-scale accreditation evaluation by the NWCCU was in 2003, at which time the University of Washington received reaffirmation of its accreditation status.
- Financial Aid:
- Bachelor's degree. Minimum 3.0 GPA in last 2 years of college coursework. Prior coursework in Statistics and Economics. The MA in Policy Studies Admissions Committee considers several criteria when evaluating prospective students, including professional goals, writing ability, previous academic experience and performance, work history, official GRE scores, the applicant's academic strengths and weaknesses, and the overall likelihood to succeed in the program.
- International Requirements:
- International students should become familiar with admission requirements on our admissions website in addition to the eligibility requirements above.