- Tokyo, Japan
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Year Round
- Program Description:
Application Period for Fall 2017
January 10, 2017 - 17:00, April 7, 2017 (JST) Please apply on the official website
The Global Science Course (GSC) is a new undergraduate 2 year-long transfer program. It was designed to enhance cross-cultural interactions among young minds from around the world coming together to learn science. All GSC classes are conducted in English by world-leading professors. who are pursuing cutting-edge research in the most advanced fields, while also focusing on the fostering of students who will lead the next generation in science communities.
By giving students the opportunity to study abroad in Tokyo, they will not only get the chance to make the most of our world renowned facilities but will also be able to experience Japanese lifestyle and culture first-hand. This is an invaluable opportunity for those looking to expand their worldviews and experience something unique during their time as an undergraduate student.
Furthermore, successful applicants to our program are rewarded with a generous scholarship. This includes 150,000 Japanese yen per month to aid in paying tuition fees and support living expenses. It additionally includes fully supported rent.
University of Tokyo Rankings
1st Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings 2015
12rd Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings 2016
39th QS World University Rankings 2016
8th Chemistry, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016
8th Physics & Astronomy, QS World University Rankings by Subject 2016
- Setting Description:
- The School of Science is located on the Hongo campus in the center of Tokyo. Since the founding of UTokyo, Hongo has been at the center of Japan’s cultural development. Throughout the Campus are places of historic and scenic interest dating back to the Edo period. Surrounding the campus are Tokyo Dome, Ueno Park and the Koshikawa Botanical Garden. The campus is also a short walk from many bus stops, train and metro stations, providing easy access to wider Tokyo and Japan.
- Please see the GSC website for current program costs.
Additional Program Information
- - Two years of an undergraduate degree at a university outside of Japan - A background in basic Chemistry, mathematics and Physics - English language proficiency
- Scholarships Description:
- Each student of the GSC Undergraduate Transfer Program will be automatically offered the "School of Science Scholarship for Transfer Students". This provides 150,000 Japanese Yen every month for up to two consecutive years.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program