- Austin, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Graduate Certificate
- Reading & Literacy
- Program Description:
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley (UTRGV) Digital Literacy Leader Certificate is a 15-credit online program that prepares teachers to provide leadership in the area of digital literacy development.
- K-12 Teacher
- Educational Technology Consultant and Liaison
- Independent School District Specialist
- Independent School District Staff Development
- Consulting and Training
- Regional Educational Service Center Staff
- Texas Education Agency Staff
- Developmental Education Instructor of Children or Adults (GED, ESL, and Tutorial programs)
Apply to the UTRGV Graduate College:
- Submit a UTRGV Graduate Application at www.ApplyTexas.org. The university application fee of $50 ($100 for International Applicants) can be paid online by credit card or electronic check (in the online application). All application fees are nonrefundable.
- Register on the UTRGV Recommenders and Document Upload Webpage. This is where you will request recommenders and upload program requirement documents, and where the graduate office will upload your transcripts. If you do not complete this step, we will not be able to process your application.
- Request your transcripts and other supporting documentation to be mailed to:
The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley
The Graduate College
Marialice Shary Shivers Bldg. 1.158
1201 W. University Drive
Edinburg, TX 78539-2999
Review and submit all Program Requirements:
- Online application at www.ApplyTexas.org. The university application fee of $50 can be paid online by credit card or electronic check (in the online application). All application fees are non-refundable.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or a recognized international equivalent in a similar or related field.
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0.
- Official transcripts from each institution attended (must be submitted directly to UTRGV).
Students whose native language is not English or who studied at a University outside the U.S.:
- TOEFL or IELTS Language Proficiency Test with minimum scores: 550 on paper-based, 213 on computer based, or 79 on Internet-based for the TOEFL; 6.5 for the IELTS. TOEFL and IELTS scores are valid for two years.
- English translation of educational records.
- Transcript Evaluation by the Foreign Credentials Service of America (FCSA).
- Fall - Jul 1
- Sring - Nov 15
Note: Students admitted only to a Certificate Program are not eligible to obtain a Student Visa from UTRGV.
All courses are offered by UT Rio Grande Valley.
- EDTC 6341 Student-Centered Learning Using Technology
- EDTC 6342 Technology Leadership
- RLIT 6301 Digital Literacies and Reading for Young Children
- RLIT 6302 Adolescent Digital Literacy and Reading
- RLIT 6308 Digital Literacies and Reading Leadership
PARTICIPATING INSTITUTION AND ADVISOR
UT Rio Grande Valley
Kathy Bussert-Webb, PhD
Program Director, Professor
Certificate Awarded: Digital Literacy Leader Certificate
Additional Program Information
- The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- Financial Aid:
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program