The School of Arts and Humanities is committed to interdisciplinary graduate programs that investigate the linkages between the arts and the humanities by fusing critical with creative thinking, theoretical with practical endeavors. Rather than identify
- Richardson, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- The School of Arts and Humanities is committed to interdisciplinary graduate programs that investigate the linkages between the arts and the humanities by fusing critical with creative thinking, theoretical with practical endeavors. Rather than identifying fixed disciplinary areas, the program emphasizes the interrelationship of broad areas of interest. Students may concentrate within one of the three main areas of study: -Aesthetic Studies (HUAS) which concentrates on the visual and performing arts, creative writing, art history and film studies -History of Ideas (HUHI) which concentrates on history and philosophy -Studies in Literature (HUSL) which concentrates on literature, language, and translation studies All students must take two seminars in each of these three main areas of study.
Additional Program Information
- The University of Texas at Dallas is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (www.sacscoc.org) to award baccalaureate through doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call (404) 679-4501 for questions about the accreditation of The University of Texas at Dallas.
- Financial Aid:
- Normally students applying for admission to the Graduate Program in Humanities (MA, PhD) should have previous academic degrees (BA or MA) in Arts and Humanities fields and a grade point average of 3.3 (especially in upper-division undergraduate or graduate work). The application should contain: online application form, transcripts, 3 letters of recommendation, and a 650 word statement of purpose.
- International Requirements:
- International students are required to submit TOEFL scores (min.score 80 iBT). Students can also demonstrate English proficiency by completing Level 112 at an ELS Language Center.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program