Research Training Group on “Wicked Problems, Contested Administrations: Knowledge, Coordination, Strategy” (WIPCAD)
- Potsdam, Germany
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- About WIPCAD The Research Training Group (RTG) on “Wicked Problems, Contested Administrations: Knowledge, Coordination, Strategy” (WIPCAD) is a newly established DFG-funded program to promote young researchers in the field of public administration and combines an innovative research focus with excellence in policy and administrative analysis . Its innovative and ambitious research theme, strong emphasis on interdisciplinarity as well as its integration in vibrant international networks of collaboration enhances Potsdam’s standing as an international leading center for teaching, study and research of public administration. WIPCAD strengthening the Department’s role as a leading German center for the training of administrative scientists. Complexity, uncertainty, and ambiguity of current policy problems – such as climate hazards or welfare state reforms – fundamentally challenge how public administrations organize. Our aim is to study the interrelationships between „wicked? policy problems and the development of administrative organizations on various levels. The empirical puzzle of how public administrations have responded to current and pressing policy problems is at the heart of the RTG’s research. The program is based on systematic interdisciplinary cooperation between political and administrative sciences, sociology and public management. The RTG has a unique position within the German academic community and is exceptionally well placed to foster a young generation of scholars working at the international forefront of research. We invite you to learn more about our academic profile, your career opportunities and the life in the Potsdam-Berlin region.
Additional Program Information
- Our doctoral researchers are working towards a Ph.D. degree, which is accredited by all relevant bodies in Germany and the European Union.
- Financial Aid:
- You want to be a part of WIPCAD? We are very much looking forward to find out more about you and your specific interest in becoming a doctoral researcher at our research training group! To be able to assess your application for a doctoral fellowship we ask you to read and follow the specific requirements for an application carefully. DFG-funded doctoral fellows will receive a monthly scholarship of € 1365 for up to 36 months, contingent on successful completion of each year. DAAD-funded doctoral fellows will receive a monthly scholarship of € 1000 and additional health insurance contributions for up to 36 months, contingent on successful completion of each year. A complete application for a doctoral fellowship contains: Personal and Academic Information Form Letter of Motivation Curriculum Vitae Degree Certificates and Transcripts Dissertation Proposal Certification of English Proficiency Two Letters of Reference
- International Requirements:
- International students are strongly encouraged to apply.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program