The academic curriculum focuses on all areas of language acquisition: reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar/structure, and culture. Overall, we focus primarily on speaking and listening skills, which most students lack, while also sharpening sk
- Wilmington, United States
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Our program provides intensive instruction and practice in American English to non-English speakers. Modern facilities, professional instructors and the welcoming environment at UNCW make this campus an ideal location to improve speaking, listening, reading and writing skills.
The academic curriculum focuses on all areas of language acquisition: reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar/structure, and culture. Overall, we focus primarily on speaking and listening skills, which most students lack, while also sharpening skills in the other areas. TOEFL Preparation is an important part of our program.
Our Mission: The English as a Second Language program at the University of North Carolina is committed to providing support, intensive English instruction, and various American cultural experiences to students that are learning English as second language which will empower them become successful students in the mainstream classroom and productive members of the community.
- Setting Description:
- Experience the UNCW Advantage: - Involvement in an active campus life at UNCW - Part of the 16-campus University of North Carolina system - High academic standards - Excellence in teaching - Dynamic and fast-growing (12,000 students) - Accepting, relaxed atmosphere in which to learn and grow - Modern facilities - Five miles from beautiful Atlantic beaches - Five miles from historic downtown Wilmington The Wilmington Advantage: - Beautiful historic city of 190,000 people - Located on the famous Cape Fear River - Close to lovely beaches - Excellent sports, recreation and leisure activities - Largest film studio market on the east coast - Well-served by highways and commercial air service - Midway between New York City and Orlando, Florida; - 300 miles south of Washington, D.C
- Full Semester: Cost: $8550 with housing & meals ($5350 without housing & meals) 8 Week Program: Cost: $5750 with housing & meals ($4300 without housing & meals) 4 Week Program: Cost: $1650 without housing & meals- hotel stay required Summer Program: June 25 - July 26, 2013 (5 weeks) Cost: $3200 with housing & meals ($2500 without housing & meals)