- Tangier, Morocco
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Students from UNE and other colleges are invited to spend a semester abroad at the University of New England’s Tangier, Morocco campus. UNE is the only U.S. university to own a study abroad campus specially designed for the needs of health sciences students, and with classes for almost any major. UNE Tangier features state-of-the-art labs, classrooms, residences and amenities in the heart of Tangier, a dazzling cultural crossroads on the sea.
UNE's campus in Tangier, Morocco offers a variety of English-language courses in the sciences, humanities, business and the arts, as well as language study in Arabic. Because we provide the lab science courses needed to complete many of the undergraduate programs at UNE, you can gain global experience without experiencing any delay in your curriculum.
Our campus features modern state-of-the-art labs, classrooms and accommodations, all on a beautiful site that evokes Morocco’s traditional architectural style. You enjoy meals in an elegant café and workouts in an onsite fitness room, along with access to a swimming pool our very own UNE full-court basketball and volleyball court.
Included in fee:
* Airport reception
* Housing, meals and laundry
* Support from onsite UNE faculty and staff
* On-campus extracurricular activities, workout facilities and use of swimming pool
* Cultural activities, local field trips and excursions
* Pre-departure and onsite orientation program
* Travel Medical Insurance
- Setting Description:
- Morocco is in one of the hottest up-and-coming study abroad destinations, and UNE's Tangier campus is ideally located within easy access to the city’s downtown, beach and cultural activities. There is no better place for UNE to be than in the world-renowned Moroccan city of Tangier. This glimmering "white city" has been home to an international contingent of painters and writers and is now one of the major economic and cultural hubs of the region. You will also have access to fabulous Moroccan cities like Casablanca and Marrakesh, as well as natural wonders such as the Atlas Mountains and Sahara Desert. Spain is right across the Strait of Gibraltar — only 40 minutes away by high-speed ferry! From there, students can explore the rest of Europe by bus, rail or one of many budget airlines.
- Students pay UNE standard tuition & room and board. The on-campus residence provides students with double rooms, each with an ensuite bathroom. A full board plan is included at the on-campus cafe housed in the first floor of the residence building.
Merit scholarships to external students are available for the semester based on GPA as follows:
GPA of 2.49 and below - $1,500
GPA between 2.75 and 2.99 - $2,500
GPA between 3.0 and 3.49 - $4,500
GPA above 3.5 - $5,500
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program