A vision of sustainable, equitable, diverse communities committed to universal human rights with social and economic justice.
- Biddeford, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Social Work
- Program Description:
UNE’s School of Social Work is proud of its tradition, providing students with a quality professional education through innovative programming. The SSW philosophy, as stated in its Mission Statement, emphasizes the mutual interaction of knowledge, values, and practice skills with a focus on:
• The strength of the human spirit
• Cultural diversity
• Social and economic justice
• Ending oppression
UNE’s MSW degree program offers concentrations in individual, family, and group practice and organizational and community practice:
• Individual, family and group practice concentration (IFG) is designed for individuals who want to develop advanced practice skills with individuals, families, and groups
• Organizational and community practice concentration (OCP) is designed for individuals who want to develop advanced skills in program management, policy analysis, advocacy and other macro practice skill.
Additional Program Information
- The University of New England is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges. UNE's School of Social Work is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education to offer the Master of Social Work Degree program.
- Financial Aid:
- Minimum cummulative GPA of 3.0, preferred Two letters of reference Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended Minimum baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited US college or university, or equivalent Distribution of liberal arts courses and a course in human biology required Personal statement describing applicant's interest in social work with reference to SSW's mission statement Evidence of relevant employment, volunteer, and/or client experiences in service organizations or social programs, highly recommended Advanced Standing applicants must have a BSW degree, submit letter of reference from academic advisor or field instructor, field placement evaluations and verification of the number of hours in field
- International Requirements:
- International student applicants must apply through UNE's online application. In addition, all international transcripts must be evaluated for grade and degree equivalency to that of coursework and degree earned at a US REGIONALLY accredited institution. International applicants should access UNE's website at www.une.edu/intl to review ALL requirements for international applicants.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program