- Bocas Del Toro, Panama
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Business, Education, Hospitality, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
Home to a UNESCO World Heritage Site and Panama's first National Marine Park, Bocas del Toro, Panama is known for its abundant ecosystems and biodiversity, and it is the perfect place for you to extend your studies, make a positive impact, and develop interpersonal and professional skills over the summer term. This program partners with local organizations, schools, and businesses in the Bocas del Toro region that will provide experiential learning opportunities with a focus on building meaningful connections around the world. For the internship, students will be placed independently at a local organization, school, or business based on personal and academic interests, and career goals.
Students will live on Isla Bastimentos, a beautiful island located in a national marine park (Parque Nacional Marinas Isla Bastimentos) and home to several indigenous communities. Internship placements will be a short boat ride away on surrounding islands.
- Setting Description:
- Wander lush and muddy jungle trails, visit a sea turtle conservancy, inhale fresh air while riding boats from island to island, listen to the melodic Guari-Guari language, explore La Loma’s gardens, groves, and wild zones, and take a five-day outdoor adventure excursion to Costa Rica.
Additional Program Information
- GPA: 2.5 Student Type: UofM Students Student Year: Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors Language: No Language Prerequisite
- Scholarships Description:
- Most financial aid may be applied to study abroad. Note that students must enroll in at least 6 credits to maintain minimal eligibility for financial aid.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program