- Montpellier, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Integrate into French culture in Montpellier, a vibrant city located just miles from the Mediterranean. It is the ideal place to experience French language and culture.
Based at Paul Valéry University and at the University of Montpellier, this program provides access to humanities, engineering, sciences, and business courses through an extremely flexible course structure. Choose from a mix of special courses for study aboad students and regular courses with French students.
Family, apartment, or dormitory living allows for different types of integration into everyday French culture. Multiple day-long excursions are included each term to introduce you to the unique character of southern France. In addition, the program’s social and administrative assistants organize activities to familiarize you with the city and provide you with opportunities to meet French students.
- Setting Description:
- Live and study in Montpellier, one of France’s fastest growing cities and an emerging cultural and educational center. Within easy reach of both mountains and the Mediterranean, and home to 100,000 university students, Montpellier is a young, vibrant city with a centuries-old history of intellectual advances and social tolerance. It is the ideal place for an introduction to French language and culture.
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA; freshmen and above; two semesters of prior French (for semester/year); no language prerequisite for summer
- Scholarships Description:
- The Learning Abroad Center’s Study Abroad Scholarship provides awards for Non-University of Minnesota undergraduate students going on eligible Learning Abroad Center credit-bearing programs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program