- Fes, Morocco
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Learn Modern Standard Arabic in the classroom and Darija on the enchanting streets of Fez, considered Morocco's cultural capital city. On weekends, explore the imperial city of Meknes and the historic Fez medina, considered the oldest crafts and food market in the Arabic-speaking world.
The University of Minnesota partners with the Arabic Language Institute in Fez, a language institute which has an excellent reputation as the preeminent institution in the Maghreb for the teaching of Arabic as a foreign language.
Homestays are an integral component of the Arabic Language & Culture in Morocco program learning experience. All students live and share most meals with Moroccan families.
- Setting Description:
- Fez's medina, declared an UNESCO world heritage site in 1981, is one of the largest and most enduring Medieval Islamic settlements in the world. Experience the complexity of modern and ancient Morocco in the cultural and spiritual city of Fez. All classes are held in a large villa, surrounded by a lush garden and patio, in the modern Ville Nouvelle neighborhood.
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 GPA; sophomores and above; no language prerequisite; American degree-seeking students
- Scholarships Description:
- The Learning Abroad Center’s Study Abroad Scholarship provides awards for Non-University of Minnesota undergraduate students going on eligible Learning Abroad Center credit-bearing programs.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program