Studying at the University of Costa Rica is studying at one of the most prestigious universities in Latin America. This University was positioned among the selected group of 500 best universities in the world, among 21000 universities around the planet. W
- San Jose, Costa Rica; San Pedro, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- The fundamental purpose of our Program is to provide non-Spanish speaking students a competent level of Spanish that allows them to satisfy, promptly and effectively, their communicational needs when speaking as well as when writing.
We use a holistic approach, which means that we take care of every component of the learning process: not only we reinforce the four basic skills (speaking, listening, writing and reading) but we also encourage our students to learn about the culture, literature, and use of the language in a real context.
Studying at the University of Costa Rica is studying at one of the most prestigious universities in Latin America. This University was positioned among the selected group of 500 best universities in the world, among 21000 universities around the planet. We offer an academic environment combined with the advantages of an exclusive Spanish Program: small groups, personalized attention from our staff and our professors, cultural activities every month, among others. Our professors are graduated from the following careers: Spanish or Classic Philology, Teaching Spanish and Literature; and they have specialized studies in areas such as Latin American, Costa Rican or Central American Literature; Linguistics, and Spanish as a Second Language.
The Spanish as a Foreign Language Program of the University of Costa Rica offers: - Academic environment - Small groups - Advice on lodging options (local families, student dorms, apartments) - Cultural activities - Didactic materials
- Setting Description:
- We offer: - Intensive courses every month: Mon-Fri from 9:00 am to 12:50 pm (6 credits) - Semester courses: March to June (amount of credits will depend on the type of course) - Academic year: March to November (amount of credits will depend on the type of course) Courses: - Language courses: Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced levels - Literature: Latin American, Costa Rican, Central American - Linguistics: Introduction to Spanish Linguistics, Phonetics and Phonology of the Spanish Language, Composition, Grammar - Conversation, Cine Latinoamericano
- Group classes: $150 per credit Private classes: $350 per credit Ask about our discounts: - Per group - Per semester/Academic year
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program