-The degrees of access are: Medicine,Biology,Pharmacy,Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology and other related health-related disciplines or equivalent foreign studies. -The official language of the Master is English (B2 level CEFR required or equivalent to
- Barcelona, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Winter Semester, Year Round
- Work Types:
- Animal Sciences, Medical, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
- The Master in Translational Medicine-MSc Cellex from the University of Barcelona offers the opportunity to gain an excellent training both in academia and research.
-Academic: The Master provides comprehensive and updated knowledge of the basics, clinical and epidemiological entities associated with major human pathogenesis, examined from a cross-sectional view.
-Research: It provides comprehensive access to knowledge and skills necessary to develop research projects related to translational medicine.
The master can be completed in 1 or 2 years, depending on the needs of the students. Total number of credits of the Master is 60 credits ECT (transferable with the European Credits Training System). An important part of the Master is dedicated to practical training in research.
-The degrees of access are: Medicine,Biology,Pharmacy,Biomedical Sciences, Biotechnology and other related health-related disciplines or equivalent foreign studies. -The official language of the Master is English (B2 level CEFR required or equivalent to First Certificate of Cambridge) -Students who meet the entry criteria will be assessed according to the evaluation of the following items: Curriculum Vitae, Motivation Letter addressed to the Master Coordinator
This is an Official Master with a total of 60 ECT credits. It allows posterior enrollment to PhD studies. It is feasible in 1 or 2 years. COMPULSORY COURSES -Basics of translational research. obtaining and handling biological samples -Experimental models, animal handling and genetic engineering -Translational research in inflammation, angiogenesis, tissue remodeling and cancer -Genomics, proteomics and metabolomics in translational research: scientific foundations and current applications OPTIONAL COURSES -Bioinformatics and data analysis for high-troughput data -Regenerative medicine and stem cells -Communication, leadership and scientific networking -Intellectual property, patents and relationship with biotechnology companies -Automatic, high performance methods for biochemical analysis -Advanced techniques of image analysis
- Setting Description:
- The overall objective of the Master is to provide an interdisciplinary, deep and up-to-date excellent training in translational biomedical research. The master offers the possibility of complementing the students’ expertise in Medicine, Pharmacy, Biology, Biochemistry and other related Health Sciences studies with two objectives: -To provide students with a broad theoretical and practical background on the pathogenesis, methodologies, bioethical, legal and communication concepts most commonly used in Translational Medicine. -To provide students an extensive practical training on procedures for clinical and experimental research in the field of Translational Medicine.
- The Decree 92/2013, from the 17th June 2014, establishes the fees for the Public Catalan Universities. For the 2014-15 course the prices are as follows: - 46,5 Euros/credit for students from the EU,Iceland,Norway,Liechtenstein, Switzerland or Andorra - 82 Euros/credit for the remaining International students
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program