- Pisa, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The summer school on "Designing Resilient Entrepreneurship" is an international and collaborative program. It adopts a bespoke blended learning approach designed to engage real game-changers by equipping them with the all the skills, tools and confidence to successfully turn business ideas into reality.
Location: University of Pisa, Italy
Duration: From June 19th to July 1st
Application: From April 1st to May 25th
Contact: [email protected]
The Summer School mixes theory and practice to teach entrepreneurship. It includes three days of pretotyping and testing of the ideas, so projects that need a testing phase, such as hard-science products and manufacturing based innovations can get the most from the course.
TARGET AND REQUIREMENTS
We target hard-science, manufacturing based innovations, i.e. those new products which require some physical testing, meeting one of these criteria:
• Idea developed in entrepreneurship programs or BP competitions;
• Idea patented (or filed);
• Idea supported by a proof of concept (incl. crowdfunded project)
• Established start-up or company
• Acknowledged (or under acknowledgement) university spin-off.
MAIN CONTENTS AND SPEAKERS
• Problem statement and Idea understanding (G. Fantoni, Univ. of Pisa, Italy)
• Grammar of creation (A. Bonaccorsi, Univ. of Pisa, Italy)
• Pretotyping: Pretotype it! (L. Zangrando - Pretotype it!, USA-Italy)
• Pretotyping: Design connected devices (D. Mazzei – Zerynth.com, Italy)
• Pain and Gains, Value Proposition & Business Modeling (G. Montelisciani, L. Trivelli, Univ. of Pisa, Italy)
• Pretotyping: 3D Printing (C. De Maria - Fablab Pisa, Italy)
• Implementation strategies, Global Thinking, Business Planning (R. Garcia -Buoyant Capital, USA)
• Technology Foresight (K. Steinmüller, Z-Punkt, Germany)
• Technology Intelligence (R. Apreda, Erre Quadro Srl, Italy)
• Strategic Marketing (F. Ancarani - Bologna Business School, Italy)
• B2B Sales (G. Fioravanti, Training Factor, Italy)
• Branding and Product Communication (P. Bardoni, Things.is, Italy)
Moreover, coaching sessions are scheduled to allow you to transform your idea in a successful business
The edition taking place in 2017 is the second of this Summer School that was previously called “Advanced Innovation Methods”. During its first edition the Summer School achieved interesting results with 32 participants coming from five different Countries. Within the programme, the participants worked to develop 19 business projects focusing on different sectors such as: ICT, Smart Cities, Energy and Environment, and Life Sciences.
For further information write to: [email protected]
- 600 EUR.
Additional Program Information
- We target hard-science, manufacturing based innovations, i.e. those new products which require some physical testing, meeting one of these criteria: • Idea developed in entrepreneurship programs or BP competitions • Idea patented (or filed) • Idea supported by a proof of concept (incl. crowdfunded project) • Established start-up or company • Acknowledged (or under acknowledgement) university spin-off