This is an immersion program with the prestigious Universidad de San Andrés, not a provider program, so students must have an intermediate to advanced level of Spanish and be prepared to take courses with local students. Courses in the track include Soc
- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Social Services
- 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
- The Service Learning Track at Universidad de San Andrés is supported through a generous grant from President Barak Obama’s 100,000 Strong in the America’s Initiative which seeks to promote student mobility between the United States and Latin America. The track which is part of the semester long Program in Latin American Studies is for students interested in understanding the social reality in Argentina today. It allows participants to earn academic credit while working closely with San Andrés faculty, local students and community leaders on projects for social change.
This is an immersion program with the prestigious Universidad de San Andrés, not a provider program, so students must have an intermediate to advanced level of Spanish and be prepared to take courses with local students. Courses in the track include Social Change in Argentina: Community Development, Innovation and Civil Society; Management of Organizations and Social Enterprises; Theories and Practice for the Development of Cultural Projects; and Strategic Corporate Responsibility (subject to change). Syllabi available on website.
- Gain understanding of social and cultural realities in Latin America today through first-hand examination of social problems and their origins. - Learn about the theories, best practices and challenges of community assistance. - Earn academic credits while globalizing your university experience and establishing relationships with Argentine students and faculty. - Improve your Spanish through interactions with locals in both academic and daily life situations. - Expose yourself to the many realities of Latin America through homestays, field trips and classroom exchanges
- Setting Description:
- Internationally recognized as a premier institution of higher learning and research, San Andrés is one of the top universities in Argentina and throughout Latin America. Located in vibrant and cosmopolitan Buenos Aires, it offers undergraduate and graduate programs in multiple disciplines for more than 2000 students. The university is set on a picturesque and secure campus just 45 minutes from downtown. San Andrés also a downtown branch facility. It is one of the few universities in Argentina with a large full-time faculty.
- Students who participate in this track are automatically eligible for up to a USD $2000 scholarship applied as tuition reduction.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program