• It is an international program taught by experts, scholars, and working professionals from the microfinance sector. • The greatest value of the Master lies in its international teaching panel, with over thirty lecturers with recognized experience in
- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year
- Program Description:
- The International Master in Microfinance for Entrepreneurship, the new name for the previously titled Master in Microfinance for Development, which has been taught at the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid for four years (since 2008), is:
• The first and only postgraduate program in Microfinance held by a public university in Spain,
• The world’s only international bilingual (English-Spanish) microfinance Master’s program fully taught in-classroom, on site
• It offers theoretical and practical, comprehensive, updated and high quality training on microfinance in developing and developed countries. It combines microfinance for economic growth, for entrepreneurship and for social inclusion within a learning framework of development economics, financial economics, and practical training.
• Some of our students have been selected for “University Meets Microfinance”, a research grant program promoted by Planet Finance Deutcschland and Freie Universität Berlin.
• Since its first edition the master’s program has been supported with grants from by the Spanish Cooperation Agency (AECID), the Fundación BBVA Microfinanzas, the Ministry for Employment, and the public entity Fundación ICO.
• It is an international program taught by experts, scholars, and working professionals from the microfinance sector. • The greatest value of the Master lies in its international teaching panel, with over thirty lecturers with recognized experience in the microfinance sector and guest professors from universities all over the world • Over 50% of the students are working or have worked in a high or middle directive level in some of the main institutions linked to the microfinance or development sector, in national and international level, as for example: Fundación BBVA Microfinanzas, la Direction of the Comunidad de Madrid Cooperation Agency, ACCION USA, Fundación Nantik Lum, Nodus Consultores, Economístas Sin Fronteras, COOP 57, Anidan (Kenya), Angkor Mikroheranvatho AMK (Cambodia), Boulder Institute of Microfinance and Sustainable Development (USA), Plan International (United Kingdom), PRIZMA (Bosnia – Herzegovina) or Banca Popolare Etica (Italy), among others.
- 5.850 €
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- 8 scholarships from the Istituto Nazionale della Previdenza Sociale for italian nationals.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program