- Shrewsbury, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The Online Master of Arts in History offers a rigorous set of required and elective courses, along with supervised research and writing projects. Both demanding and flexible, the Online History MA is designed to appeal to students with a wide variety of interests and professional goals.
All courses in the program will be taught by tenure-stream faculty in the History Department. Students accepted into the Online History MA will take all of their classes online.
The focus of the Online MA curriculum is Modern US and European history, though courses will also be offered in non-Western and Early Modern areas as well.
This program should be taken by:
Secondary school teachers who wish to improve their content knowledge in the field of history or need an MA for licensure, certification or promotion.
- Who want to test their capacity for graduate work beyond their undergraduate studies
- Considering Law School
- Considering careers in journalism and media
- Considering careers in public humanities
- Considering careers that require writing and research
- Interested in going on to a PhD
- Interested in teaching at the primary or secondary levels
- Living beyond commuting distance from UMass Boston
Additional Program Information
- UMassOnline is regionally accredited by NECHE, New England Commission of Higher Education. In addition, many of each campus' schools and colleges are also accredited by discipline-specific agencies.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program