(1) The Spanish Language and Culture Course offers a wide variety of class options covering Spanish language, literature, geography, history, art, culture, and business. This course is designed for students with a low to intermediate Spanish level. St
- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Rolling Starts, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Trek Abroad Spain was created in order to offer students a more profound, personalized, and fulfilling study abroad experience through language study at the University of Granada, cultural immersion activities, weekend excursions, and daily life in a Spanish home. Our program focuses on experiential learning, second language acquisition, and intercultural exchange. We strive to take all the apprehension and guess work out of the study abroad process by offering students insightful advising pre-departure and a hands-on program on-site. Our programs are all-inclusive, meaning that tuition, housing, meals, laundry, excursions, weekly immersion activities, and insurance are included in the program cost.
(1) The Spanish Language and Culture Course offers a wide variety of class options covering Spanish language, literature, geography, history, art, culture, and business. This course is designed for students with a low to intermediate Spanish level. Students are required to take Speaking and Writing Skills and Spanish grammar in Spanish. They can choose to take two to three elective classes in Spanish or English depending on their major/minor requirements. This course is offered during the fall, spring, and summer (12-15 semester credit hours recommended).
(2) The Hispanic Studies course, similar in scope to the Spanish Language and Culture course, is designed for students that have a high command of the Spanish language. This course is ideal for advanced and/or graduate study or those seeking a deeper knowledge of the Spanish culture. More and varied class options are offered through this course. It is offered during the Spring and Fall Semesters (12-15 semester credit hours recommended).
(3) The Intensive Spanish Language course is taught with an essentially communicative approach and is intended for those who wish to start learning or improve their Spanish during a short-term stay in Spain. Courses are offered year round and can be started at the beginning of any month. During the summer months, different language and culture subjects are offered (3-4 credit hours recommended per 4-week course).
Our program goals for program participants include:
(1) Aid students in gaining advanced proficiency in the Spanish language through university study and language exchange in the home
(2) Encourage students to meet and associate with people outside of their local culture to exchange thoughts and ideas to gain a different perspective on the world
(3) Offer students a more personalized program in which they are continually supported from choosing the appropriate course, housing options, scheduling flights, and easing anxiety associated with going abroad
(4) Give students the opportunity to take advantage of living in one of the most treasured cities in all of Spain through guided tours, excursions, and cultural activities
(5) Have fun and enjoy the study abroad experience
- Setting Description:
Granada, an enchanting city rich in history and culture, has been inhabited since the 8th century. The Romans, Muslims, Jews, and Christians have all called Granada home. Each culture has left an indelible mark on the city, visible in its architecture, art, and even language. Granada’s crown jewel, The Alhambra Palace, stands watch over the city as a beacon of Moorish influence. In recent years it has become the most visited monument in Spain.
Today, Granada is one of Spain's most bohemian and youthful cities, full of innovative bars serving free tapas and hip clubs spinning tracks well into the early morning. Granada’s charm comes from its sidewalk culture where everyone seems to know each other, and the endless sunshine adds an air of happiness everywhere you turn. The University of Granada (UGR) is home to over 80,000 students and regularly ranks among Spain and Europe’s top universities for research, training, innovation, and cultural exchange. The UGR’s Modern Languag
Spanish Language and Culture - Fall or Spring - $8,995;
Hispanic Studies - Fall or Spring - $8,995;
Spanish Language and Culture or Hispanic Studies + One Month Intensive Spanish Language - $11,100;
Spanish Language and Culture - Summer - $3,550 per month;
Intensive Spanish Language and Culture - Monthly - $3,550 per month
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program