- Los Alamitos, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Marriage and Family Counseling
- Program Description:
The marriage and family therapy (MFT) profession has gained ground in recent years with the increased recognition and understanding of the relationship between marital and family dysfunction and serious mental and emotional disorders such as chemical dependency, substance abuse, eating disorders, disorders of childhood and adolescence and other forms of psychopathology.
Marriage and family therapy differs from other mental health professions because of its focus on the following:
- Treating couples and families and the family as a system.
- Present day problems instead of historical or intra-psychic conflicts.
- Understanding interpersonal relationships as a way of identifying and treating mental health problems.
Touro University Worldwide’s (TUW) marriage and family therapy graduate program helps you meet the demands of a new health care market influenced by the Health Care Reform Act, which has created a push for using health care teams when treating patients. Marriage and family therapists are valuable members of these teams and deliver holistic treatment plans that focus on family relationships and dynamics. Graduates can work in mental health agencies, government agencies or in their own private practice.
TUW’s fully online marriage and family therapy graduate program delivers a course of study focused on this mental health sector and prepares graduates to function in this critical discipline to foster the well-being of couples and families. The program offers multiple tracks, so you can choose the option that best fits your chosen career path.
Additional Program Information
- TUW is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
- Financial Aid:
- Bachelor's Degree with 2.5 GPA