Applications are now open for those wishing to acquire a student visa to enroll in YAMASA's Academic Intensive Japanese Program (AIJP) for a 3 month to 1 and a half year period with courses starting in October!
- Okazaki, Japan
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months, 1 year, More than 1 year
- Program Description:
Are you interested in traveling to Japan and learning the language?
Applications are now open for those wishing to acquire a student visa to enroll in the Autumn quarter of YAMASA's Academic Intensive Japanese Program (AIJP).
AIJP is open to students whose abilities range from absolute beginner to advanced. It is ideal for those who wish to attain a level of Japanese beyond everyday conversation as well as for those who wish to eventually work in a Japanese company or enroll in a Japanese university/tertiary institute. Past students have also often used AIJP as a means to pass the Japanese Language Proficiency Test.
AIJP focuses on the 4 capabilities of reading, listening, speaking and writing. The weekly timetable is divided into 20 core Japanese lessons (running during the AM session) and 4 elective lessons. Depending on the term of the student's term of enrollment and study goals, it is expected that all four competencies will improve to the level commensurate to the individual student's study goals upon completion of their chosen course of study.
AIJP is highly recommended for those who can make the necessary time investment required to attain this level of proficiency. This can range from 3 months to 1 and a half years.
Why you should choose AIJP?
- Diversity - As we are aware that we come from a variety of perspectives and backgrounds, YAMASA provides a range of elective courses and learning options to insure that your individual learning style is given the attention it deserves. Furthermore, you will be exposed to a variety of teaching styles to insure that you are exposed to a variety of pedagogical approaches.
- Small Class size - Classes are capped at 15 students to insure that your needs are given the maximum attention possible and that you will never be ‘lost in the shuffle’.
- Real Life Experience - AIJP prides itself on the applicability of its lessons to real life Japanese situations. To this end, we try to move the lessons beyond standard ‘chalk and talk’ style lessons and into real life situations (i.e. liaising with local businesses).
In its 25 years of existence, YAMASA has hosted students from 80 different nationalities. Due to our extensive experience dealing with a broad spectrum of international students, we know how to create a learning environment that best suits you. For more information please visit our website. Or use the form to contact us directly today!
- Setting Description:
- Located in central Japan, Okazaki is within striking distance of both Osaka and Tokyo; both are accessible via a two hour bullet train journey. In addition to these urban metropolises, Okazaki is also a 50 minute train ride to Nagoya; the fourth biggest city in Japan.
- One term's tuition is roughly $2800USD though tuition progressively decrease depending on how many quarters you are enrolled for.
Additional Program Information
- A high school education is required for all courses. Those wishing to apply for a student visa will be required to fulfill all the requirements set forth by the Japanese government in attaining this document.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program