- Arusha, Tanzania, United Republic of; Nakuru, Kenya
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend your summer in Kenya and Tanzania, two of Africa’s most renowned wildlife destinations. In these two countries, world-famous national parks and reserves are full of wild creatures found nowhere else on the planet. Spend your summer in this incredible region, studying elephants, lions, giraffes, zebras, and other iconic wildlife while learning about approaches to wildlife management and conservation. Safari drives, expeditions in the Amboseli-Tsavo and Tarangire-Manyara ecosystems, and conversations with Maasai and other community members are your ordinary days in the field during this summer program.
- Experience the incredible biodiversity of East Africa: Spend four weeks in both Kenya and Tanzania, living at SFS’ Kilimanjaro Bush Camp and Moyo Hill Camp while observing elephants, lions, giraffes, and more.
Learn to live the pole pole lifestyle at SFS’ East Africa Centers. In Tanzania, campus is reminiscent of summer camp, with plenty of outdoor and communal spaces, while the small, friendly community of Rhotia is a short walk away. In Kenya, the snow-capped peak of Mt. Kilimanjaro can be seen from the sprawling, grassy campus that is just down the road from Kimana. Both are the perfect base for expeditions into the surrounding national parks and conservation areas.
- 7485 USD. Includes room and board, activities, in-country transportation, and courses. Does not include airfare.
Additional Program Information
- 18 years of age, 2.6 GPA
- Scholarships Description:
- SFS awards more than $650,000 in need-based financial aid each year. Aid packages are usually a combination of scholarships, grants, and loans. All students are eligible to apply for SFS need-based financial aid.