The summer course offerings include International Business and Culture in India and an Independent Study project. The International Business course is designed to help students get a feel of India and gain insight into what it takes to be successful in th
- Delhi, India; Mumbai, India; Chennai, India; Agra, India
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- MayMester Intersession, Summer
- Program Description:
- This summer study abroad program is designed to engage students in Indian culture and society while observing and learning how to succeed in the Indian business environment through classroom lectures, corporate visits, interactions with some of India's top chief executive officers at leading corporations based in and around Chennai or Delhi. While based in Chennai, students will learn about India's rich cultural and historical heritage through academic excursions and corporate visits to Bangalore/Mumbai, Delhi, and Agra, which is the site of the world famous TajMahal.
The summer course offerings include International Business and Culture in India and an Independent Study project. The International Business course is designed to help students get a feel of India and gain insight into what it takes to be successful in the Indian business scenario. The course will cover aspects from the Indian economy and corporate scenario, as well as offer insights into India's complex cultural contexts. This general overview will include:The Indian economy and its impact on the global business environment, the leading industry sectors in India, doing business in India, understanding cultural sensitivities - how to live, work, and enjoy in India, India - leveraging economic and social contradictions - the Indian mindset The topics for the Independent Study will be based upon the student's interests, which will need to be discussed with the faculty at NMS. Topics of contemporary interest in India may be preferred. Students need to be adequately prepared about the topic and should prepare themselves with all relevant documents before arriving in India. A field study or Independent study proposal should be submitted to NMS before April 30th. NMS will helping the student make all the contacts needed to complete the field study.
6 academic credits Transcripts from University at Albany Visit Chennai, Bangalore/Mumbai, Delhi, Agra as part of our excursion Visit Mahabalipuram, Pondicherry, Mysore on your own US educated professors with deep India knowledge to teach the course Dinner meeting with CXOs
- Setting Description:
- The National Management School (NMS) is located in India's fourth largest city of Chennai, in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, which has a great tradition of heritage and culture that developed over 2,000 years ago and still continues to flourish. NMS is rated among the top 20 business schools in India with faculty from India and the U.S., many of whom have worked in corporate America as well as in India. NMS offers summer and semester study abroad programs for undergraduate students majoring in business. India is considered to be one of the world's top emerging markets whose rate of economic growth and development is dramatically increasing. The NMS experience will provide students with a truly global outlook by offering a unique opportunity to participate in an Independent or Field Study of a contemporary issue in India.
- Fee is $6,000, exact fee TBA covers: Academic fees, housing (double occupancy in air-conditioned rooms), full meal plan (lunch and dinner during Monday through Friday and on excursions, breakfast on all days), health insurance through University at Albany, local transportation (from housing to campus, for company visits, and city tours coordinated by NMS), in-country flights (to Bangalore or Mumbai, Delhi, and Agra), orientation upon arrival, internet access, on-site coordinator Not Included: R
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program