- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
A FOUR WEEK INTENSIVE ACTING COURSE DURING THE SUMMER WORTH 6 US CREDITS
Acting and Irish Theatre is an advanced level course that offers the opportunity to expand, explore and deepen awareness of Irish theatre. The course draws on the central aspects of The Lir’s core teaching, focussing particularly on twentieth and twenty-first century Irish plays and playwrights.
Acting, Voice and Movement classes will focus on the unique demands of performing Irish plays. Voice classes will focus on the particular requirements of Irish texts including a wide range of Irish contemporary and historic dialects. The actor will explore the notion of body and movement in Irish play texts through different periods of history in relation to culture, clothing, dance, beliefs and superstitions, urban and rural environments, physical embodiment of work, pass-time and muscularity of text. A further class will explore the production and performance history of some of the most iconic plays in the Irish repertoire.
- Setting Description:
- Established in 1592, Trinity College is the oldest university in Ireland. Today the College has a vibrant cosmopolitan community of students representing over 122 nationalities and The Lir is proud to be a part of this community. Situated in Grand Central Quay, 10 minutes walk from the main campus, The Lir offers hands on training in an exciting new building designed specifically for the range of course on offer.
- 2,250 EUR. €3,500 with accommodation at Trinity College Dublin halls of residence.
Additional Program Information
- This course is aimed at theatre and acting students around the world who wish to explore and experience Irish Theatre while immersed in its native context.
- Scholarships Description:
- Means tested bursaries that can be applied for once an applicant has been accepted onto the course.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program