- Brussels, Belgium
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The MSc in European Integration (EuroMaster) is an interdisciplinary programme taught in English geared towards an international range of young and mid-level professionals as well as advanced students from across the political sciences. It provides students with advanced academic training across a wide range of EU policies and concepts in order to gain a thorough understanding of the process of European integration in both its economic and political dimensions.
The Programme operates as a “Master after Master”, required students to have strong and consistent marks across a minimum of 4 years of study.
The EuroMaster offers a common core of 4 courses (21 ECTS) on the essential features of European Integration:
• Economics of European Integration
• Policy-making and Interest Representation in the European Union
• History and Law of the European Union
• Research Methods Lab
After these 4 mandatory courses, students have to take 2 pre-selected specialisation options (24 ECTS), to be chosen from the list of 4 below:
• European Economy
• Migration and Europe
• European External Relations and Security Policy
• European Environmental Governance
Students also have to complete a Master Thesis (15 ECTS)
Who can apply?
The EuroMaster is oriented towards both full-time students as well as professionals, who seek to deepen their understanding of the EU. For this purpose the Euromaster classes are organised after working hours to enable both full-time students and professionals to attend the lectures. To qualify for admission you should have:
• a university degree equivalent to Master’s degree in Social, Economic or Political Sciences, Business, Law and/or Contemporary History consisting of a programme of at least 240 ECTS.
• excellent academic results for both prior degrees of 70% (2nd class honours upper division, Belgian equivalent; upper 2:1 UK equivalent, 2.8/4 GPA).
• proven proficiency in English: -TOEFL-test (min. score 233 computer based, min.score 90 internet based, min.score 577 paper based) -IELTS (7); -Cambridge Certficate of Proficiency in English-CPE ; -Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English-CAE (grade B); -ITACE (at the VUB)-C1
- Setting Description:
- The Institute for European Studies The Institute for European Studies (IES), a Jean Monnet Centre of Excellence, offers an outstanding research-focused environment, close to the main EU institutions, and in proximity to many international organisations, creating excellent networking and internship opportunities. The lES boasts excellent teaching facilities and a modern working space, right next to the amenities of the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB) Etterbeek campus.
- The deadline for applications is 1 March each year. All students pay €650 Annual Registration Fee + €52 per Study Point/ECTS. This means that fulltime students pay €3.770 for an academic year (60 Study Points/ECTS).
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program