- Perth, Australia
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Medical, Nursing, Sciences & Environment
- Program Description:
In partnership with the Murdoch University, TEAN offers this comprehensive program for Kinesiology/Sports Science majors to combine an educational semester abroad with a professional internship and research experience in exercise science. Specially designed to offer ambitious students a well rounded semester abroad while focusing on hands-on work and research experience, crucial within the exercise science fields, the program provides internships in organizations (such as gyms and sports clubs) while research can center around topics (such as the use of blood flow occlusion to increase performance in trained cyclists and metabolic testing systems). Additionally, students also take two or three courses at Murdoch University. The entire experience is located in Perth on Australia’s west coast, where students can appreciate wonderful weather, beautiful beaches and a laid-back community feel combined with a sophisticated city that’s home to numerous cafes, restaurants and cultural activities.
Additional Program Information
- 2.75 GPA. Students with a 2.5-2.75 are encouraged to apply and may be admitted on a case-by-case basis. Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of participation. Freshmen and/or students attending a two-year institution may be considered on a case by case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Learn more about TEAN Scholarships on our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program