Students attending the South East Asia Comparative Semester (SEACS) are required to enroll in core courses in both Thailand and Vietnam. Courses vary from year to year, but below is a sampling of current offerings. Sample of Chiang Mai Required Courses -
- Chiang Mai, Thailand; Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Spend the first half of your semester in Chiang Mai, nestled in the northern hills of Thailand and considered to be the cultural heart of the country, a true blend of traditional life and modernity. Explore some of the 300 temples, practise your Thai with some friendly bartering at the Chiang Mai’s famous night market or simply unwind with a traditional Thai massage. Your weekends can be spent trekking the mountains that surround Chiang Mai, visiting one of the many traditional hill-tribes in the region or taking in a live rock band at a local disco. Chiang Mai is a vibrant destination with all the modern attractions of a big city combined with the graces of traditional Thai life. From the laid back culture of Chiang Mai, you will be transported to hustle and bustle of Ho Chi Minh City, still known to most as Saigon. A blend of history and modernity, ancient pagodas nestle next to skyscrapers, crowded markets near designer boutiques, Saigon is an exciting city to study abroad.
Students attending the South East Asia Comparative Semester (SEACS) are required to enroll in core courses in both Thailand and Vietnam. Courses vary from year to year, but below is a sampling of current offerings. Sample of Chiang Mai Required Courses - History of Mainland South East Asia: Thailand and Her Neighbors; Countries at Odds: The Political-Economies of Thailand and Cambodia; Thai Language. Sample of Vietnam Required Courses: Vietnamese Language; Gender and Development in Vietnam (See course description below) Students also have the option to enroll in Chiang Mai electives, but it is not required as the courses above provide a full semester's worth of coursework. Note: All courses appear on an official Payap University transcript.
Please contact The Education Abroad Network for more details.
- Setting Description:
- For students who wish to explore more of Southeast Asia, the South East Asia Comparative Studies Semester hosted by Chiang Mai University in Chiang Mai, allows you to explore and compare two countries in one semester. From the green hills of northern Thailand to the bustling streets of Ho Chi Minh City, this traveling program splits time amongst both fascinating countries. After gaining knowledge of the region during two months in Chiang Mai, Thailand, the program continues to Vietnam where students are hosted by Hoa Sen University.
- Please contact The Education Abroad Network for more details.
Additional Program Information
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program