Volunteer-teachers are expected to be punctual, flexible and maintain a positive attitude. Although this is a volunteer-teacher program it must be taken seriously and treated like a job. It is up to the volunteer-teacher to be responsible and meet the sta
- Tbilisi, Georgia (Country)
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- The Ministry of Education and Science of Georgia is currently recruiting native English speakers to teach English in Georgian public schools! This is a once in a lifetime opportunity that will build your CV and provide you with new, exciting experiences!
Do you wish to teach English as a second language and travel to a foreign country?
If your answer is yes then you will be happy to join our program “Teach and Learn with Georgia” and teach English in Georgian public schools!
Volunteer-teachers are expected to be punctual, flexible and maintain a positive attitude. Although this is a volunteer-teacher program it must be taken seriously and treated like a job. It is up to the volunteer-teacher to be responsible and meet the standards and rules set forth by the program and your school. Academic Roles: At school, volunteer-teachers co-teach with up to three Local English Teachers for a maximum of 30 hours per week, which includes time spent planning lessons. The schedule will be determined by the school principal. There is only one volunteer-teacher per school. Volunteers create interactive activities with a specific focus on listening and speaking skills. Many volunteer-teachers organize extracurricular activities based on their personal interests and the needs of the schools.
Teach and Learn with Georgia (TLG), a progressive education movement initiated by the Georgian government, recruits native English speakers to co-teach English alongside local English teachers in public schools throughout the country of Georgia. TLG aims to improve Georgia’s nationwide English language proficiency in an effort towards further globalization.
- Setting Description:
- Non Academic Roles: At home, volunteer-teachers are expected to provide their host families with three hours of English lessons each week. Volunteer-teachers participate in cultural exchange activities with their host families and integrate with the local communities.
- No costs. The candidates get paid + receive benefits such as a free round trip ticket to and from Georgia, a free insurance, an accommodation support, etc.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program