- Denpasar, Indonesia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Bali is one of the most popular travel destinations in the world, blessed with a unique blend of artful, traditional architecture, and also modern Western influences. The hotel and villa architecture is characterized by buildings that harmoniously combine eastern and western design concepts to give an adorable outward appearance. The 15-week program “Tropical Interior & Green Architecture” at the Sekolah Tinggi Desain Bali (STDBali) is designed exclusively as a semester abroad for international students and graduates. The program offers deep insights into the “indoor-outdoor-living” in the tropics, the art, and craft of furniture design as well as a sustainable building with natural materials. The participants will work on innovative design concepts, and will also discover the unique architecture of Indonesia in lectures, guest lectures, weekly excursions, and workshops.
1. Tropical Interior & Green Architecture (5 ECTS)
2. Furniture Design (5 ECTS)
3. Natural Materials & Green Design (5 ECTS)
4. Architectural Sketching & Illustration (5 ECTS)
5. Indonesian Language & Culture of Bali (2 ECTS)
6. Student Project/Studio (8 ECTS)
How is the course organized?
The semester is composed of:
- Lectures in English
- Design projects
- Language course in “Bahasa Indonesia”
- Selected cultural events
Who can participate?
The program is aimed at international students in the fields of:
- Interior design
- Landscape architecture
- Related subject areas
Master students and graduates are also invited to participate.
Why study in Bali?
With spending a semester abroad at STDBali you will:
- Receive detailed knowledge about the exotic and sustainable building culture in the Tropics
- Experience Tropical Living in Bali through workshops and excursions
- Earn up to 30 credit points
- Meet students from around the world
- Gain valuable insights into the cultural diversity of Indonesia
• Application deadline: 15 February (Summer Class); 15 July (Winter Class)
• Summer Class: April – July; Winter Class: September – December
• Study Fees: 1,950 Euros
• The study fees cover lectures, workshops, visa extension services, welcoming and farewell dinner, weekly
academic and cultural excursions, daily coffee + snack refreshments, and other student services.
• The study fees EXCLUDE living costs, accommodation, travel costs, visa, insurance and transportation.
- Setting Description:
- Sekolah Tinggi Desain Bali, or STD Bali for short, is located in Denpasar, the capital city of the island of Bali, widely recognised for its beautiful landscape, strong traditional arts and culture, as well as friendly people. STD Bali focuses on creating a family style academic environment to remain the preferred creative arts educational institution in Indonesia. With the vision of setting industry standards for education and training with the twin mottos of “empowering people to be creative” and “knowledge is our power” STD Bali has developed a coordinated process for insuring that learning is relevant to the work place. Offering various domestic and international classes, vocational and short courses in design, architecture, interior, landscape, tourism, art culture and others, the Creative Campus seeks to help students to become smart, competitive, creative and tough in order to meet the needs of both local and international industry.
- € 1,950 EUR. Including: Lectures and guest lectures in English; Excursions & workshops; Assistance with application and preparation; Enrollment & Administration
Additional Program Information
- Bachelor students as well as master students in the fields of Interior Architecture and related faculties are eligible to join the study abroad programme. Professionals are also welcome to participate in this course.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program