The first year - Foundation Phase The first semester the focus of the programme is interaction with guests. You will learn how to approach guests and understand cultural differences, evaluate the experiences of guests, handle complaints, and so on. The pr
- Bangkok, Thailand
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- International Relations, International Relations, International Relations, International Relations, International Relations
- Program Description:
- The International Hotel Management (IHM) programme at Stenden develops
the wide range of competencies required in today’s dynamic and captivating
world of hospitality. Through our learning company, the on-site 4* Stenden
University Hotel, IHM offers ‘Real World Learning’. Students develop the
essential skills required by hospitality employers by learning and working
within the Stenden University Hotel, which ensures graduates are highly
sought after by the industry.
The first year - Foundation Phase The first semester the focus of the programme is interaction with guests. You will learn how to approach guests and understand cultural differences, evaluate the experiences of guests, handle complaints, and so on. The programme is renowned for its balance between theory and practice. The practical part takes place in a professional hotel, Stenden university hotel. In the second semester you will learn what happens behind the scenes, i.e. how a hospitable company functions, how to find qualified personnel, operational activities, and how to produce and distribute. The second and third year - Main Phase The first semester of the main phase is "Continuity of the Business"; you explore the hotel industry at middle-management level. You use the knowledge you gained during the foundation phase in management tasks, problems and theories, in order to gain insight into how a hospitality organization is managed. This is your preparation for the subject: "Changing Environment", in which you will learn about the strategic level. In this phase you can specialize and put acquired knowledge into practice through your minors, an international Grand Tour or exchange programme or other practical work experience. In the 2nd and 3th year subjects are included such as financial management, human resource management, operations, marketing, law, information management, negotiation & quality control, market analysis and business plan development. The fourth year - Graduation Phase During the last year of your studies, you will follow an (inter)national internship with a company of your choice. At the end, you will write a dissertation (research paper) as your graduation assignment. For this, you will have to formulate a problem statement with research questions according to a proven methodology. You will defend your dissertation in front of a commission consisting of professors and industry representatives.
* More than 96% of the students find a job within 5 months after graduation; * Since 25 years a succesful Hotel Management programme; * Learn to work in our 4**** Stenden University hotel in Leeuwarden during the practical experience weeks of your study programme. From operational level (1st study year) to manager level (3rd study year); * The last year consists of a 10 months' internship, which offers great possibilities to get a job at your internship company; * Large branch with plenty of international job opportunities; * Modules in Strategic Management, Food and Beverage, Marketing, Controlling and Business Communication; * Obtain a double degree combining Hotel Management at Stenden with Facility Management at Hanze University of Professional Education; * Minors in Conference and Events, Spa and Health, Cruise Management, Wildlife & Lodge Management and more.
- Setting Description:
- Stenden The Netherlands - Leeuwarden campus: Stenden currently has more than 11,000 students from 85 different countries and employs 1,000 members of staff. Professors maintain the essential link between programmes and the professional fi eld through applied research. Stenden Leeuwarden is housed in a modern building and has state-of-the-art teaching facilities. There is a fantastic open study space with ICT and conference facilities, and a special ‘Knowledge Boulevard’, a library, hairdresser, bank, job agency and a canteen where organic dishes from all over the world are served. Then there is our popular Stenden Student Lounge, located in the city centre and open 7 days a week. The University Sports Card gives students access to a wealth of sports facilities at an affordable price. Stenden South Africa - Port Alfred campus: Stenden South Africa offers an accredited Bachelor Degree in Hospitality Management and a variety of minors. The campus is situated in the former Kowie Grand Hot
- The tuition fees are subject to change every academic year. Please check our website.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program