SMUFOM was founded 11 years ago on the beautiful island of Curacao. We are a U.S. based medical school that offers students the opportunity to prepare for the challenging study of medicine to practice in the United States, Canada, India and some islands
- Staten Island, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Medicine & Premed Programs
- Program Description:
- SMUFOM was founded 11 years ago on the beautiful island of Curacao. We are a U.S. based medical school that offers students the opportunity to prepare for the challenging study of medicine to practice in the United States, Canada, India and some islands of the Caribbean. With a brand new, state of the art facility to open this July (2013), pre-medical candidates have a chance to receive personalized instruction in the core sciences before moving on to the M.D. program. Our professors are ECFMG certified and adept at preparing students to take the USMLE. Our focus is on the student. Faculty & Administration are solely devoted to the advancement of medical education through intense study and clinical practice. Currently, we have a partnership with St. Elizabeth's Hospital for research and clinical shadowship. Students are exposed to patient care & management from the first week of instruction. We are the only medical school in the Caribbean with active research to be published in the U.K & U.S. Our students are exposed not only to the theory of medicine, but the clinical application. We are preparing for the next generation of Doctors for the anticipated shortage to befall the U.S. in the next 5 years. Clinical Rotations in the U.S., U.K, Canada, and India. All at GREEN BOOK APPROVED SITES! If you have always wanted to study medicine, but for some reason never completed the journey, we are your school. Our 15:1 Student -Faculty ratio ensures a customized education that is suited for the individual learning needs. On campus housing, library, cafeteria, student lounge and soccer fields ensure a well-rounded experience. Please contact our admissions office in Texas for more information and a tour of our new campus!
Additional Program Information
- ECFMG, IMED, FAIMER, Canadian Department of Health, India Medical Counsel, American Medical Student Association, National Board of Medical Examination, United States Medical Licensure Examination.
- Financial Aid:
- Bachelor’s degree with a 2.5 or 90 semester hours completed at an accredited institution for the M.D. Two letters of recommendation by a medical doctor or doctor of osteopathy, MCAT scores if taken but NOT REQUIRED! All official transcripts. Our pre-medical program requires a High School Degree with a 2.5 or better, letter of recommendation from High School Principal or faculty member familiar with student’s capability, any volunteer work and personal statement.
- International Requirements:
- Same as U.S., however, different countries may vary. Pleasecheck with our admissions office for a complete listing.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program