Experience the blend of cultures - African, European and American - that form Cuba. Take classes from native Cuban faculty at the Universidad de La Habana and participate in an array of cultural activities and study trips designed to encourage direct inte
- Havana, Cuba
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Spanish Studies Abroad and the Facultad de Artes y Letras (Liberal Arts College) of the University of Havana offer students a special selection of courses in Spanish language, Cuban society, the arts and popular cultures, political science, Cuban socialism, and Afro-Cuban studies. These courses have been specially designed to focus on themes and issues that address the particular needs of American students. Students who speak and understand Spanish at an advanced level may take one or two regular-session classes with Cuban students at the University of Havana.
Experience the blend of cultures - African, European and American - that form Cuba. Take classes from native Cuban faculty at the Universidad de La Habana and participate in an array of cultural activities and study trips designed to encourage direct interaction with the Cuban people. Students are lodged in university hotel. Earn up to 16 credits. Program licensed by the U.S. Government and sponsored by Willamette University.
An incredible opportunity to experience the real Cuba. Talk to locals, meet young writers and filmmakers and tour Cuba with a fully licensed educational program with experience in Havana since 1997. Spanish Studies offers the chance to form your own opinion of Cuba and it's people.
- Setting Description:
- Experience the Caribbean walking along the malecón seafront or buy local art at the open market in old Havana. Ride in a 1930's era taxi to have a Mojito cocktail at the Bodeguita del Medio, one of Hemingway's favorite hangouts. Tropical, sunny and lively, Havana's jazz and salsa clubs are never far away. Study tours and excursions are included at no extra cost.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Merit and diversity based
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program