- Sevilla, Spain
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 7-11 months
- Teach Abroad:
- Certification, Placement
- Placement Audience:
- 0-6 years old, 6-12 years old, 12-15 years old, 15-18 years old
- Program Description:
The Teaching Assistant Program TAP5C* covers the needs and demands of today’s educational world. Many Spanish education centers have started to implement bilingual and multilingual programs for their students. Additionally, more and more graduates are choosing to come to Spain in order to improve their Spanish and develop themselves professionally.
TAP5C matches teaching assistants with schools in Andalucía and advises them on ways to promote the school’s bilingual program. SIGE helps schools make the most of their time with the teaching assistant.
The Teaching Assistant Program is not a job, but rather should be considered as an experience in a primary or secondary school. The participant will not sign a work contract. Instead, an agreement is made with schools supported by public funds. Therefore the participant will receive a Student Visa and will not require a Work Visa. The participant will be at their school for 12 hours and week and will be given a monthly stipend of 700€ that will cover living expenses.
All Program prices include a non-refundable fee of €150.
- Documents needed to obtain a Student Visa
- A teaching assistant position in Andalucía
- Airport pickup and transportation to accommodation provided during orientation
- 2 Field trips
- Health insurance & 24/7 assistance
- Opportunity to practice speaking with local students
- Support from SIGE throughout the duration of the program
- Certificate for successfully completing the school year.
- Setting Description:
- Sevilla represents one of the richest Spanish cities and one of the most beautiful cities in the world where its cultural heritage is concerned: it was a magnificent Roman city; the Visigothic and Arabic capital; the most populated city in Europe in the XVI century; the gateway to the Americas, etc. It is a cultural attraction, a literary, musical and artistic city par excellence. However, it is also a city full of social contrasts. It has an aristocratic past and today is the political-administrative headquarters of Andalucía. People from different parts of the world, diverse races and socioeconomic status can be seen here. As you walk through the streets of Sevilla, you will be plunged into Spain’s wonderful culture edged with Moorish influences. An hour away by car from the local Spanish beaches of Costa de la Luz and Costa del Sol, and two hours and a quarter away from Madrid by train, it is easy to visit Sevilla and its neighboring cities and enjoy beautiful varied landscapes.
Based on 1 Reviews
- A Year I'll Never Forget10/23/17
It was while I was studying abroad in Sevilla my junior year of college that I decided I wanted to return for a year to teach English after graduating. I began researching programs during the fall of my senior year and SIGE was the only program I found
that offered a direct placement in Sevilla. Having also heard about SIGE while abroad, I decided to apply. Catherine, the director of the program, was extremely kind and welcoming. She was prompt in responding to my application and we immediately started corresponding via email. I was able to visit Sevilla that spring where I went to the SIGE office to meet Catherine and was also able to see the school I would later be placed in. After being offered and accepting the position, I returned to Sevilla the September after graduating and began teaching in a local school in the center of the city. Throughout my year teaching in Sevilla, SIGE was extremely supportive and available. I developed a great relationship with Catherine and other members of the staff and was able to text them with any questions or concerns. I was able to stop by the office any time and was always greeted with open arms. I developed an amazing relationship with the school I was placed in and will never forget the experiences I had. Even after returning to the U.S. I have maintained a relationship with Catherine and hope to visit Sevilla again soon. I am immensely grateful for SIGE and the year I spent teaching English in Sevilla.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend