The first three months take place in the Netherlands and after that you will be going to China for the following three months. During this time you will be taught different subjects that will give an in-depth and transversal knowledge of the footwear indu
- Beijing, China; Waalwijk, Netherlands
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Rolling Starts, Year Round
- Program Description:
- Will shoes eventually become part of our body?
Take the future of footwear into your own hands at SLEM.
SLEM offers the only (footwear) course that combines forecasting, business, design and technology. You will be turned into an innovative footwear entrepreneur or consultant in 9 months. The program runs twice a year, in Fall and Spring, and takes place in Europe AND China, combining the best of both worlds. The next editions begins Fall 2015 and Spring 2016.
The first three months take place in the Netherlands and after that you will be going to China for the following three months. During this time you will be taught different subjects that will give an in-depth and transversal knowledge of the footwear industry as well as stimulate innovative thinking, forecasting skills, business, design and technology. You will be collaborating with innovative companies to broaden your scope. The final 3 months are focused on your graduation thesis, for which you will be mentored. At the conclusion of the program students often graduate with a full business plan or even their own start-up company!
This program is unique for the topics and methods adopted. It is very intensive and focuses on needed future changes. At the conclusion of the program students usually already have job offers and graduate with a business plan for a company or their own start-up company. We require students to follow a selection procedure, so that we have a mix of the best students worldwide. To be eligible you need either a bachelor degree and/or experience in the industry.
- Setting Description:
- SLEMs HQ are based in Waalwijk, the Netherlands, right between Antwerp and Amsterdam. This is a major footwear region in Europe. The larger area, Noord-Brabant, is listed as one of the most innovative regions worldwide. Part of the program takes place in China, both in Hong Kong and Guangzhou. Together with our expert network of professionals and professors from around the globe, we will prepare you for the future of footwear!
- Costs are €10.000 excluding VAT for 9 months. This includes all classes, basic materials and personal mentorship. We also offer affordable student housing.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program