The thematic seminar addresses the most contemporary international issues within an interdisciplinary framework. Students examine the strategies and responses of international, supranational, and non-governmental organizations to current challenges to pea
- Geneva, Switzerland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Examine the strategies and responses of international, supranational, and nongovernmental organizations to current challenges to peace and stability.
While the city retains much of its French heritage and Swiss culture, Geneva’s population is truly international, with a unique microculture of social and political organizations.
From its base in Geneva, this program provides a thorough background in international studies, using an experiential, case study approach. The program addresses the most contemporary international issues, with classroom seminars supplemented by lectures and briefings at international and nongovernmental organizations, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross, and platforms of the World Trade Organization.
Interactive research studies and field excursions in Switzerland, France, and Belgium deepen students' understanding of the challenges faced by organizations that foster multilateral diplomacy, peace building, human rights, environmental accountability, international trade, and global cooperation.
The thematic seminar addresses the most contemporary international issues within an interdisciplinary framework. Students examine the strategies and responses of international, supranational, and non-governmental organizations to current challenges to peace and stability. Coursework addresses the political, economic, security, strategic, and environmental dimensions of the rapidly evolving international system in the context of globalization. The course seeks to facilitate a more profound understanding of multilateral diplomacy, conflict management, European Union politics, and international economic relations. Students develop analytical skills and critical thinking on international issues, gain insight on multilateral institutions, and build networks with international experts.
Please inquire for costs: Fees include tuition, full room and board, all field trips and related fares, health and accident insurance, and other direct program expenses. Participants pay for international airfare and domestic travel to the point of departure from the USA.
- Setting Description:
- The international environment of Geneva offers students a unique opportunity to interact with leading experts and academics at a wide variety of international organizations and research centers. Numerous institutional libraries, documentation centers, and think tanks offer excellent research material and information. This exceptional learning environment leads to original research and independent study opportunities. The program’s educational excursions give students access to leading experts and decision makers in the fields of diplomacy and international negotiations, trade, law, and the evolution of institutions. Students have a chance to experience some of the most magnificent and classical cities and sites in Europe.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see our website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program