- Delhi, India
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Summer, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
From bustling New Delhi to the quiet grandeur of the Himalaya, explore India’s ancient and traditional health systems. These include the vitally important practices of Ayurveda, yoga, Tibetan (Amchi) medicine, and naturopathy. Learn about the religious, social, economic, and cultural paradigms that provide a context for healthcare in India.
This journey begins online in July with lectures, readings, and discussions, and continues during the optional January term in India. During a two-week stay in the Himalaya, home to many of India’s rich botanical resources, see how mountain communities’ healthcare systems are affected by climate change, globalization, development and sustainability efforts. Compare traditional and allopathic systems, gaining a multidimensional view into healthcare and health delivery among diverse groups of populations. Visit centers of traditional medicine in Delhi and in rural and urban areas in the Himalaya and meet practitioners of traditional and holistic Indian medicine. Travel to Dharamsala, headquarters of the Tibetan Government-in-Exile and where His Holiness the Dalai Lama lives, and receive Tibetan medicine lessons.
- Study traditional medicine online and in communities of the Indian Himalaya.
- Learn concepts of life, health, disease, treatment and care in Ayurveda, yoga and Tibetan medicine.
- Practice and experience yoga concept of body, mind, and soul connection.
- Live with a host family to explore health practices in Dharamsala, home of the Tibetan refugees and the Dalai Lama. (J-term)
This course offers three weeks of online study and three weeks abroad. The online course is open to all applicants; the in-person J-term is open to college undergraduates who have completed the online term.
- Please visit our website.
Additional Program Information
- The online course is open to all applicants; the in-person J-term is open to college undergraduates who have completed the online term.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see our website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program