- Antarctica, Antarctica; Ushuaia, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Learn about the environmental characteristics of Southern Patagonia and Antarctica from your home base in Ushuaia, the southern-most city in the world.
Deepen your knowledge and understanding of the economic and geopolitical importance of the Southern Ocean and Antarctica.
See Southern Patagonia's unique biodiversity, ecology, and conservation issues on site visits to Tierra del Fuego National Park, the Beagle Channel, Puerto Williams, Estancia Harberton (the first European settlement in Tierra del Fuego), and Rio Grande.
Through classes with professors, researchers, managers, educators, conservationists and entrepreneurs students will become familiar with and learn about the local and regional environmental challenges.
Additional Program Information
- Previous college-level coursework and/or significant preparation in environmental studies, ecology, biology, or related fields, as assessed by SIT. Three recent semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent and the ability to follow coursework in Spanish, as assessed by SIT.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see our website for more information.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program