Why Choose Shepherd University's School of Music? 1. Exceptional Faculty: The CSCM faculty members are leading professionals in the entertainment industry, and alumni from prestigious institutions who are experts in education. Their award winning work ha
- Los Angeles, United States
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
- Located in the heart of culturally active Los Angeles, the Cornel School of Contemporary Music at Shepherd University is situated at the center of the entertainment industry. We provide an Undergraduate (Bachelor's) Degree in Music as well as a Graduate (Masters) Degree program. The Cornel School of Contemporary Music focuses on contemporary music which includes a wide range of musical genres like jazz, pop, rock, folk, Latin jazz, and contemporary Christian music. Students are encouraged to experiment with various styles, and then focus on their individual style to express a unique voice.
Why Choose Shepherd University's School of Music? 1. Exceptional Faculty: The CSCM faculty members are leading professionals in the entertainment industry, and alumni from prestigious institutions who are experts in education. Their award winning work has appeared in major motion pictures, television, and with top-name recording artists. 2. Leading Edge Program: At the Cornel School of Contemporary Music, students participate in an innovative program that offers an academic education, and leading-edge practical training at the same time. 3. Scholarships: At the Cornel School of Contemporary Music, we provide students with scholarships to help make it possible to achieve their goals as world-class musicians.
1. Many of the classes focus on hands-on activity so the students gain the experience necessary to compete in the professional marketplace upon graduation. The music department's main objective is to educate and develop professionals who can complete and contribute within the entertainment industry. 2. A strong feature of the music department is the student/faculty relationship. On average, classes have from 8 to 10 students per class, which allows special attention from faculty for all students in the program. All students have the opportunity to learn directly from the department’s professional, industry-experienced faculty. 3. The department provides internship programs and connections into the entertainment industry, giving a helpful ‘foot in the door’ to dedicated students who are willing to work hard for their success.
- Setting Description:
- Undergraduate (Bachelor's) Degree in Music program and/or a Graduate (Masters) Degree in Music program, both offer in 6 concentrations: 1. Contemporary Performance 2. Contemporary Christian Music 3. Contemporary Composition 4. Film Scoring 5. Music Production 6. Songwriting
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program