- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Programs at Sea, Programs at Sea
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Summer
- Program Description:
Voyages that span the globe!
Seamester is the educational adventure of a lifetime! For more than 40 years, we have offered unparalleled educational voyages where students spend a semester at sea sailing between islands, countries, and even continents. We design our programs to provide engaging learning experiences with real outcomes in ways that are impossible to replicate in the traditional classroom.
Living as part of a close-knit team on an ocean-going vessel, our students learn fundamental lessons beyond academics: teamwork, leadership, and personal responsibility. They receive academic credit from the University of South Florida, along with PADI scuba certifications and IYT sailing certifications. Our programs are designed to inspire students to realize that it’s the journey, not the destination, that matters the most.
- Setting Description:
- All of our voyages are run aboard ocean going sailing vessels, and Seamester has three within the fleet. S/Y Argo and S/Y Vela are expertly designed 112-ft two-masted staysail schooners with room for 26 students and 7 staff. Argo was completed in 2006, and her sister, Vela in 2020. Both Argo and Vela were designed and built to circumnavigate the world. This means that every 90-day trip she embarks upon, a fresh batch of students faces the challenge of spending many days or weeks at sea while crossing one of the world’s oceans. For those looking for a genuine blue water experience, then voyages run aboard these vessels are perfect for you. Ocean Star is a classic two-masted schooner that accommodates up to 16 students and four professional staff. Ocean Star was launched in 1991 joined the Sea|mester fleet in 2000. Maintained to meet high safety standards, the 88-foot schooner, like her sister ships Argo and Vela, is inspected and certified by the British Maritime and Coastguard Agency.
- Voyage costs vary by trip duration and location, please visit our website for detailed tuition information.
Additional Program Information
- No previous experience necessary is necessary to join any of our programs, yet all students are required to have reached the age of matriculation from high school, be on a gap year or enrolled in / recently graduated from college.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit the Scholarship and Financial Aid page on our website for detailed information. This is located under the Admissions section.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program