- All Saints, Antigua and Barbuda; Road Town, Virgin Island (British); Caribbean, Caribbean; Saint-Claude, Guadeloupe; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Programs at Sea, Programs at Sea; Gustavia, Saint Barthlemy; Roseau, Dominica; Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
575 Nautical Miles via Nevis, Antigua, St. Barts, Statia, Saba
Our 40-day Caribbean voyage is perfect for those seeking an adventurous study abroad experience but don't have the time to spend an entire semester at sea. You'll develop sailing and scuba diving skills, complete two academic classes while visiting some of the most incredible islands in the Caribbean.
Meet loggerhead turtles, seahorses and whale sharks along the way. Cultivate your sailing skills while island hopping among Nevis, Dominica, Guadeloupe, The Saints, Antigua, St. Barts, St. Eustatius and Saba. Don’t worry; you’ll give each island the personal attention it deserves by surfing and snorkeling in their pristine waters, trekking along their dormant volcanoes and immersing yourself in the unique landscapes and cultures each has to offer. All the while, you’ll be earning six college credits as well as sailing and diving certifications.
- Setting Description:
- This voyage is typically run aboard S/Y Ocean Star. Ocean Star is a classic two-masted schooner that accommodates up to 16 students and four professional staff. Ocean Star was launched in 1991 joined the Sea|mester fleet in 2000. Maintained to meet high safety standards, the 88-foot schooner, like her sister ships Argo and Vela, is inspected and certified by the British Maritime and Coastguard Agency. Nearly 1000 student sailors have had the good fortune to live, study and sail the Caribbean Archipelago since Ocean Star first set sail under the Sea|mester flag.
- Voyage costs vary by trip duration and location, please visit our website for detailed tuition information.
Additional Program Information
- No previous experience necessary is necessary to join any of our programs, yet all students are required to have reached the age of matriculation from high school, be on a gap year or enrolled in / recently graduated from college.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit the Scholarship and Financial Aid page on our website for detailed information. This is located under the Admissions section.