- All Saints, Antigua and Barbuda; Road Town, Virgin Island (British); Caribbean, Caribbean; Gros Islet, Saint Lucia; Saint-Claude, Guadeloupe; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Programs at Sea, Programs at Sea; Gustavia, Saint Barthlemy; Roseau, Dominica; Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Our 40-day Caribbean voyage is perfect for those seeking an adventurous study abroad experience but don't have the time to spend an entire semester at sea. You'll develop sailing and scuba diving skills, complete two academic classes while visiting some of the most incredible islands in the Caribbean.
Meet loggerhead turtles, seahorses and whale sharks along the way. Cultivate your sailing skills while island hopping among Nevis, Dominica, Guadeloupe, The Saints, Antigua, St. Barts, St. Eustatius and Saba. Don’t worry; you’ll give each island the personal attention it deserves by surfing and snorkeling in their pristine waters, trekking along their dormant volcanoes and immersing yourself in the unique landscapes and cultures each has to offer. All the while, you’ll be earning six college credits as well as sailing and diving certifications.
- Setting Description:
- Semester at sea aboard a sailing vessel.
- Please contact Seamester for more information.
Additional Program Information
- No experience necessary.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for more information.
Based on 1 Reviews
Going on Seamester was the best decision I've ever made. I cannot even describe everything that I learned and experienced. My two older brothers also went on this trip before me and my whole family loves this program. (3/3 loved it!) Only when you're
out in the middle of the ocean with the stars above you and the bioluminescent below you, do you understand how beautiful it all is. Semester was able to take us out there without any trouble, even though most of the students had no idea how to sail before we got there. As a land-locked novice to sailing I had the best time and learned SO much. The islands we visited were beautiful and interesting. I loved every hike we went on and every dive we dove and every minute of this trip.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend