- Road Town, Virgin Island (British); Caribbean, Caribbean; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Programs at Sea, Programs at Sea; Gustavia, Saint Barthlemy; Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis; Saint John's, Antigua and Barbuda
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
360 Nautical Miles via Nevis, St. Barts, Statia, Saba
Explore above the surface and find lush islands, ancient volcanoes, and white sand beaches. Sail on the legendary blue-green waves and take in jade mountains against iridescent sunrises and sunsets. Each of the 25 islands within the Leeward Islands offers a distinct cultural and geographic backdrop, so you’ll sail throughout the island chain–visiting Saba, St. Eustatius, Nevis, Antigua, St. Barts and the British Virgin Islands. Along the way, you’ll also score 3 credit hours in basic seamanship, but who’s counting?
- Setting Description:
- This voyage is typically run aboard S/Y Ocean Star. Ocean Star is a classic two-masted schooner that accommodates up to 16 students and four professional staff. Ocean Star was launched in 1991 joined the Sea|mester fleet in 2000. Maintained to meet high safety standards, the 88-foot schooner, like her sister ships Argo and Vela, is inspected and certified by the British Maritime and Coastguard Agency. Nearly 1000 student sailors have had the good fortune to live, study and sail the Caribbean Archipelago since Ocean Star first set sail under the Sea|mester flag.
- Voyage costs vary by trip duration and location, please visit our website for detailed tuition information.
Additional Program Information
- No previous experience necessary is necessary to join any of our programs, yet all students are required to have reached the age of matriculation from high school, be on a gap year or enrolled in / recently graduated from college.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit the Scholarship and Financial Aid page on our website for detailed information. This is located under the Admissions section.