- Caribbean, Caribbean; Saint-Claude, Guadeloupe; Fort-De-France, Martinique; Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs; Programs at Sea, Programs at Sea; Gustavia, Saint Barthlemy; Roseau, Dominica; Saint George's, Grenada; Basseterre, Saint Kitts and Nevis; Kingstown, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines; Saint John's, Antigua and Barbuda; Soufriere, Saint Lucia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Gap Year
- Spring Semester
- Program Description:
1,100 Nautical Miles via Dominica, The Grenadines, Martinique, St. Barts
Grasp lessons (and earn college credits) in oceanography, marine biology, basic seamanship, and leadership–not to mention the wisdom that comes from working with shipmates from across the globe to complete your journey. Study marine biology up-close as you swim with turtles in Dominica and complete reef check dives in Soufriere, St. Lucia. Finish your voyage by taking part in the world-famous Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta, where you and your fellow shipmates will race against some of the finest sailing vessels in the world!
All told, you’ll explore Antigua, the islands of Saba, St. Eustatia, Grenada & The Grenadines, St. Lucia, Martinique, Dominica, Guadeloupe, and The Saints, Montserrat, and St. Barts. If you want to see every facet of the Caribbean, earn sailing and diving certifications as well as a full semester of college credits–this is your adventure.
- Setting Description:
- This voyage is typically run aboard S/Y Ocean Star. Ocean Star is a classic two-masted schooner that accommodates up to 16 students and four professional staff. Ocean Star was launched in 1991 joined the Sea|mester fleet in 2000. Maintained to meet high safety standards, the 88-foot schooner, like her sister ships Argo and Vela, is inspected and certified by the British Maritime and Coastguard Agency. Nearly 1000 student sailors have had the good fortune to live, study and sail the Caribbean Archipelago since Ocean Star first set sail under the Sea|mester flag.
- Voyage costs vary by trip duration and location, please visit our website for detailed tuition information.
Additional Program Information
- No previous experience necessary is necessary to join any of our programs, yet all students are required to have reached the age of matriculation from high school, be on a gap year or enrolled in / recently graduated from college.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit the Scholarship and Financial Aid page on our website for detailed information. This is located under the Admissions section.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program